Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Biopsy, Hashimoto's, Hypothyroid, and Adrenal Fatigue

[Mi...]

Still waiting on more tests, but so far biopsy finding of thyroid nodules were benign and showed I have hashimotos. In one month my thyroid levels have flip flopped from hyper to hypo. It is now hypo and the doc wants to start me on medication. Also checked my hormone levels and several were off: estrogen, progesterone, cortisol and got a rx for progesterone. Waiting for the rest of the results for further treatment and have an MRI scheduled to check my pituitary.

I am on a thyroid support site now and have met another woman who also went through benzo withdrawal, then her thyroid, then her pituitary. Thought that was interesting.

So my current official diagnosis is hypothyroid secondary to hashimotos and adrenal fatigue. I posted about my questions, symptoms, and tests and people asked me to post my test results and diagnosis, so here they are :)

I was diagnosed with adrenal fatigue around month 20. Caused a whole bunch of problems. Chronic urination, sweating non stop. Eye pressure, crazy fast heart rate.

Now a year later things are better.

I was diagnosed with adrenal fatigue around month 20. Caused a whole bunch of problems. Chronic urination, sweating non stop. Eye pressure, crazy fast heart rate.

Now a year later things are better.

What did you do to help the adrenal fatigue?

Can these problems be caused by wd from benzos and other meds?

Does it just take time for our systems to balance out or do we need more meds to fix us?

Good question. I don't have the answer to that, but think it's possible. Am not posting my diagnosis to scare people. I have been severely sick for 2.5 years, BEFORE I started benzo wd. For me, benzo added to my already long list of health problems, so not sure if it was the cause but likely a contributing factor. I posted my symptoms, questions, and tests I was going to do and people were curious and asked me to post results.

The hashimotos is an autoimmune disease, which can be treated by healthy diet and lifestyle changes. However, since I am starting to show hypothyroid, my doc started me on medication.

For the adrenal fatigue, it looks like it depends on the person. For example, it sounds like Offeverything was able to not have medications. My levels are so low (progesterone is supposed to be around 3000 and mine is 126), so my doc did prescribe progesterone cream and once all the results are in, likely adrenal support in the form of supplements.

I have never been diagnosed with any problems , My blood work comes back negative of any problems. I have never had extensive testing done on my adrenals or cortisol levels.

I am concerned because I don't seem to be getting better and I still have a long list of symptoms that are very debilitating and making it hard to get on with life no matter how hard I try.

I have kept the thought pattern, that if I eat right keep as busy as I can and exercise it will all work out and I will get well. But at 13 months out I am losing hope when I have had very little relief from these horrifying symptoms.