Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Never had a REAL window at almost 14 months. DP/DR issues

[Gi...]

Do you guys think it's normal?

Yes, I do have better days when almost all of my symptoms would lessen up. DP/DR is ALWAYS there though  :'( , sometimes it's just more manageable...

DP/DR with this weird eyes/eyeballs pressure, it's a feeling of my head of being constantly squeezed and trapped in a thick glass cylinder! I never really feel the space now. I would reach out to get a cup, for instance, but my hand would go too far or let's say, I want to put that cup on a desk and I would hit the surface suddenly :( like I would feel that there was still some space to go but it's there already. I don't know if I make sense, it's so difficult to describe.

I see people complaining all the time here and I don't want to diminish their sufferings of course, but everybody seems so eloquent and write huge posts. Meanwhile, I struggle to find letters on a keyboard and form sentences, even in my native language. It's all feels like a permanent brain damage  :'(

Hi G.... This is totally normal during this timeframe.  I know how very difficult this is.  Just know it will change and will settle down... Stay close on BB through this... You'll get there. 

I think everything is different for different ppl. I'm at 10 months and I have not had much relief from DR/DP, anxiety, cognitive issues, depression. I agree with you while I feel my brain is totally burned out and I'm hoping it does get better. It does not seem like it will but lets hope. My worst fear is that this is permanent and lets hope its not.

I was far worst off at ten months and I got better. I know that feeling quite well. It's like your eyes are being sucked into your head and nothing looks or feels real. It's scary. But one day in the future, you'll be back to living and realize, whoa, it's gone? Which is how it happens. Symptoms just dissapear usually when your not focusing on them

I am almost 13 months off and I have had some relief but I haven't had any windows that I have felt completely well. Mostly just times where my symptoms are more manageable .

This is very concerning.

I'm almost 8 months out and it's not been good for me either. I had a slight window the other day for 4 hours. But it was gone immediately. What you are talking about is awareness and proprioception. Where your body is in space. Don't worry it will come back. I can't even do anything that requires dexterity or awareness right now. My biggest complaint is that things don't feel real anymore.  Be well.

Hi G.... This is totally normal during this timeframe.  I know how very difficult this is.  Just know it will change and will settle down... Stay close on BB through this... You'll get there.

Thanks for your support  :smitten:

I was far worst off at ten months and I got better. I know that feeling quite well. It's like your eyes are being sucked into your head and nothing looks or feels real. It's scary. But one day in the future, you'll be back to living and realize, whoa, it's gone? Which is how it happens. Symptoms just dissapear usually when your not focusing on them

Thank you! One day it's all will be just a memory, I keep telling myself that. It's just sometimes it's so overwhelming you go and scream for help on BB. That's what it's for, right  :smitten:

I think everything is different for different ppl. I'm at 10 months and I have not had much relief from DR/DP, anxiety, cognitive issues, depression. I agree with you while I feel my brain is totally burned out and I'm hoping it does get better. It does not seem like it will but lets hope. My worst fear is that this is permanent and lets hope its not.

I am almost 13 months off and I have had some relief but I haven't had any windows that I have felt completely well. Mostly just times where my symptoms are more manageable .

This is very concerning.

I'm so thankful everyday for this website! I can't even imagine what I would do to myself if I didn't know it's all due to wd ... Let's stay close and strong, guys. maybe in our cases it will just take a bit longer than 12-14 months  :hug:

I'm almost 8 months out and it's not been good for me either. I had a slight window the other day for 4 hours. But it was gone immediately. What you are talking about is awareness and proprioception. Where your body is in space. Don't worry it will come back. I can't even do anything that requires dexterity or awareness right now. My biggest complaint is that things don't feel real anymore.  Be well.

It's so scary, isn't?! I have now a name for this beast I was struggling to describe, - proprioception. It's worse during night time, I never had an issue before to find places and orient on locations when dark. Now while walking home from my PT work I look at cars and passing by people and it feels so unreal and I also struggle with walking, it's as if only my head is floating and down there is somebody else's legs/feet moving. Scary  :(

At 8.5 months, all the mental sxs came to the forefront as physicals disappeared and emotional sxs got better. It is scary. So there I was, thinking I was going to be done because physicals were done and I felt emotionally better, and BOOM, DP/DR and intrusive thoughts took control.

Praying you make progress soon!