Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

How do you know when you are out of acute?

[Ia...]

I am at 10 months. I felt like the first 60 days were my acute phase because that is when the worst symptoms past. I had sleep issues, I could not eat, I had terrible vertigo, I just honestly believed it would kill me. Once those symptoms past other ones are still here but I think that was to absolute worst time.

I think I was out in month 4. Difficult to describe how I noticed I think its easy for me to see that NOW but these times.. hm...

perhaps it was not crazy-panic-yeahaa 24/7 all the time any more. Oh, and I noticed that I started to look into the future more than into the past..

You will get there soon!

Why don't you note whats going on now and compare it with later notes?

I think I was out in month 4. Difficult to describe how I noticed I think its easy for me to see that NOW but these times.. hm...

perhaps it was not crazy-panic-yeahaa 24/7 all the time any more. Oh, and I noticed that I started to look into the future more than into the past..

You will get there soon!

Good idea... Not sure why never started a WD journal... Well tomorrow marks my 1month off so I will start one!  THANKS!

You will get there soon!

Good idea... Not sure why never started a WD journal... Well tomorrow marks my 1month off so I will start one!  THANKS!

I should have noted down the changes in month-marks. But I didn't. I noted down everything while I was tapering. 5 years. Cannot note down any more :crazy:

You will get there soon!

I should have noted down the changes in month-marks. But I didn't. I noted down everything while I was tapering. 5 years. Cannot note down any more :crazy:

5 years, wow that is a long time.  Congrats.

You will get there soon!

5 years, wow that is a long time.  Congrats.

I think the benzo buddies are the only humans on that planet who can understand how strong your will has to be to do that and be successful. For others its just "that cant be so bad if she made it 5 years long" :idiot:

Congratulations! That's awesome and your enthusiasm will get you far.

Read the thread posted at the top of post-withdrawal recovery about phases. I found that I never knew where I was until I'd progress and look back in hindsight. You'll learn the difference betwwwn windows and overall baselines, too.

Best wishes!