Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Vibrating during sleep

[li...]

So I am almost 2 years off and still experience pretty bad exercise intolerance. Yesterday I tried to go on a speed walk for about 30 minutes and while I felt ok after, last night I noticed I was vibrating while I was asleep (woke up to my whole body vibrating) and I haven't really experienced much of this since acute withdrawal. I was wondering, does anyone know what exactly causes that? Is it stress on your CNS? Is it your CNS recovering/rebuilding? I was just wanting to know if anyone actually knew what that was.

Lila,

Strenuous exercise raises cortisol levels.  Cortisol then hits the adrenals and creates adrenaline to accommodate the energy needed for the strenuous exercise.  This happens in all people, not just those in WD.  People in WD experience a heightened level of this very naturally occurring process.  It is best to exercise moderately by walking and slowly building up the pace and distance over time so your body can slowly adapt.

Sofa

Lila,

Strenuous exercise raises cortisol levels.  Cortisol then hits the adrenals and creates adrenaline to accommodate the energy needed for the strenuous exercise.  This happens in all people, not just those in WD.  People in WD experience a heightened level of this very naturally occurring process.  It is best to exercise moderately by walking and slowly building up the pace and distance over time so your body can slowly adapt.

Sofa

wow sofa thank you for that information - now I understand why I am still unable to exercise.. the only thing I can do is go for a walk..

I got that vibration thing in my taper from the ADs a lot, this was 3 years before I think. When I am very stressed I still get it from time to time, but only when I am awake. It doesn't bother me any more, I just notice it then.. But I don't understand why.. must be the same thing Sofa explained to exercising.. :idiot: