Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

I took 10 mg of zolpidem during taper HELP

[3c...]

I am taper and yesterday I had a mental breakdown. My grown up kid was in an accident and is

in surgery today. I couldn't focus and I I took an 10 mg zolpidem so I could sleep. Feel nausea today. But I guess it is stress..And I am afraid too.

I will move on with my taper but this day is pretty rocky and I feel strange.

I am in alot if stress and got full blow out abstinence yesterday before the sleeping pill I got it when I got the call from the hospital.

I am on 14 mg Valium..

Hope this pill don't mess all this taper up...I am on day 7 today and my plan is to taper

every 14 day. I need to be stable.

I am taper and yesterday I had a mental breakdown. My grown up kid was in an accident and is

in surgery today. I couldn't focus and I I took an 10 mg zolpidem so I could sleep. Feel nausea today. But I guess it is stress..And I am afraid too.

I am in alot if stress and got full blow out abstinence yesterday before the sleeping pill I got it when I got the call from the hospital.

I am on 14 mg Valium..

Hope this pill don't mess all this taper up...I am on day 7 today and my plan is to taper

There won't be a problem ! I've done it many times with Zolpidem, you can just continue your taper.      :therethere:

I am on 14 mg Valium..

There won't be a problem ! I've done it many times with Zolpidem, you can just continue your taper.      :therethere:

But I get abstinence....Do u if u take sleeping pills? Or is stress I feel? :o

I don't think your taper is ruined by one pill. But I am not a friend of taking other benzos or z-drugs. Zolpidem may not seem to be such a devil but it is. For me it turned into a paradox reaction and to taper it was very dangerous.

Why do you have such pills at home if you want to get rid of everything?

I am sorry for your child and understand that this is stressful but its exactly this kind of situation that will bring you back to benzos again!! You should learn not to take anything while you are tapering in my opinion.

I wish you and your child the best,

Marigold

I don't think your taper is ruined by one pill. But I am not a friend of taking other benzos or z-drugs. Zolpidem may not seem to be such a devil but it is. For me it turned into a paradox reaction and to taper it was very dangerous.

Why do you have such pills at home if you want to get rid of everything?

I am sorry for your child and understand that this is stressful but its exactly this kind of situation that will bring you back to benzos again!! You should learn not to take anything while you are tapering in my opinion.

I wish you and your child the best,

Marigold

I know....I had a few left and I got a panic attack..Now, the rest of them  they are gone. I feel really strange like my w/d got worse. But I don't know if it is stress or the extra pill or both. But I know this will pass I had have worse w/d than this and I will keep and stay with my plan.

Now all my rescue pills (like oxazepam )  is throw away in the bin and no more extra for me.It is not worth it. I had to deal with the anxiety I got instead. My child is OK now. But still, my body is stressed out. I had zolpidem for 9 years...

I am sorry that your "kid" was in accident yesterday. I hope everything with the surgery went well. I would just chalk the 10 mg up as a "rescue" dose that helped you get through a stressful situation. I don't think it messed up your taper at all.

If you had a zoplicon problem for so long I'd clearly stay away from it. I took it for about a year after a hospital stint for 6 weeks (not benzo related) but had no trouble weaning of in 6 weeks. Apparently you did but one dose will not effect your taper. As far as your anxiety it's a horrible shock to get a call about a child, grown up or not, who's been in an accident. But the great news is he/she is ok. Your body probably is dealing with that "call" as well as your mind. But it's ok now so I'd clearly do my best to continue my taper. Your withdrawal sxs are real though so it's hard but it's hard a lot of the time. Yesterday I came close to taking a rescue dose due to extreme stress but I didn't. They don't help anyway and today isn't good either but in glad I didn't cave in. No matter how it goes today no rescue dose. I guess when we have major stressors we have to be firm with ourselves and move forward with our tapers. Life is so full of stress so we can't keep taking extra pills etc. I sure wish you the best and hope your child will be out of hospital soon. As a parent it's a huge stress to get those big"calls". My heart goes out but hang in there. Breathe. Keep us posted. B

Last day passed really rocky and I could go thrue without going crazy or take more Valium.

I had to. I want to do this right this time. I m tired of all my relapse and tired of being in the chains of benzo.

Sometimes I wonder if it is time to taper because my life is not without alot of stress or things that happens all the time that put me in to really bad stress. It is always something like a family member getting cancer, one of my much younger sibling died and we dont know what happend. The heart just stopped to beat( much younger than me)  2 of my friends took their life by suicide.I almost died in march in a motor bike accident and now this accident with my child.  My list of trauma is long and I had come so far that I dont have panic attacks daily no more. They tend to come during taper but I have learned to cope with them by myself.

I had several PTSD trauma to deal with. And I am far from even talk about it with my shrink. We talk about my fears of death and dying. And this fears is terror to me. I am a nurse and I cant go back to my work. I had worked at a hospice and in a ward for cancer. I  cant face death since my sibling died. And after my own near death experience it is even worse. I start to get flashbacks each time I go to my PHD or shrink.

I am proud if myself that I went thrue last day without anymore rescue pills. They are all gone now I threw them away. And my husbands Xanax is hidden. I told him to hide them. I dont trust myself if I get some stressful situation yet. Today I m gonna make a new cut so down to 13 mg o Valium :).

Last cut went well..If I didn't had have the stressful situation I had went great....

Last day passed really rocky and I could go thrue without going crazy or take more Valium.

I had to. I want to do this right this time. I m tired of all my relapse and tired of being in the chains of benzo.

Sometimes I wonder if it is time to taper because my life is not without alot of stress or things that happens all the time that put me in to really bad stress. It is always something like a family member getting cancer, one of my much younger sibling died and we dont know what happend. The heart just stopped to beat( much younger than me)  2 of my friends took their life by suicide.I almost died in march in a motor bike accident and now this accident with my child.  My list of trauma is long and I had come so far that I dont have panic attacks daily no more. They tend to come during taper but I have learned to cope with them by myself.

I had several PTSD trauma to deal with. And I am far from even talk about it with my shrink. We talk about my fears of death and dying. And this fears is terror to me. I am a nurse and I cant go back to my work. I had worked at a hospice and in a ward for cancer. I  cant face death since my sibling died. And after my own near death experience it is even worse. I start to get flashbacks each time I go to my PHD or shrink.

I am proud if myself that I went thrue last day without anymore rescue pills. They are all gone now I threw them away. And my husbands Xanax is hidden. I told him to hide them. I dont trust myself if I get some stressful situation yet. Today I m gonna make a new cut so down to 13 mg o Valium :).

Last cut went well..If I didn't had have the stressful situation I had went great....

I started tapering coming right out of the hospital with PTSD in acute, severe depression, hole life broken, full of medications and it worked. In case of the PTSD the taper was the first "therapy" that really helped because I learned, more than in other therapies, to hold on and do something good for me just to do something, and thanks to the WD I learned to cope with flashbacks and the hole shit that comes with trauma. - I think it can be a chance. I am now done with the trauma. Its over. If you can survive the WD hell, you can survive other stuff as well.

I have faith that others can make that, too. Don't let them tell you other stories. You are stronger than you think.

One time will not ruin your taper, but don't make a habit of it. Zolpidem is really addictive especially if you are already sensitized by prior benzo use. You'll develop tolerance really fast. Also really bad interdose withdrawals are possible the next day. I.e. you'll sleep but may get panic attacks or other really bad symptoms the next day. Zolpidem is a really nasty drug that way. Honestly, I'd toss whatever supply you have and not refill it.

One time will not ruin your taper, but don't make a habit of it. Zolpidem is really addictive especially if you are already sensitized by prior benzo use. You'll develop tolerance really fast. Also really bad interdose withdrawals are possible the next day. I.e. you'll sleep but may get panic attacks or other really bad symptoms the next day. Zolpidem is a really nasty drug that way. Honestly, I'd toss whatever supply you have and not refill it.

I know.. I had them for 9 years. Last dose of Zolpidem was 4 years ago. I was going CT on them.It was horrible. I had really scary w/d..Depersonalization for a long time...around 4-6 months. I was really addicted to them. My PHD prescribed 80mg /night.He is not a doctor anymore. They took his licence away...He said that they not was any danger because of the short half life....I took about 20-30 mg sometimes...but couldn't sleep more than a few hours. Then I got abstinence during daytime and then I stopped...

I feel good today no w/d symptoms at all...

I know.. I had them for 9 years. Last dose of Zolpidem was 4 years ago. I was going CT on them.It was horrible. I had really scary w/d..Depersonalization for a long time...around 4-6 months. I was really addicted to them. My PHD prescribed 80mg /night.He is not a doctor anymore. They took his licence away...He said that they not was any danger because of the short half life....I took about 20-30 mg sometimes...but couldn't sleep more than a few hours. Then I got abstinence during daytime and then I stopped...

80 mg??? The doctor who gave me 20 mg per night in a hospital became serious problems after that!! 80 mg???? wow. Criminal!!!

Glad that you are no longer taking it... wow... still I am shocked!!

80 mg??? The doctor who gave me 20 mg per night in a hospital became serious problems after that!! 80 mg???? wow. Criminal!!!

Glad that you are no longer taking it... wow... still I am shocked!!

He did many crazy things, he was dangerous. Prescribed  over 1000 pills of Xanax to other people at on perscription and he did it for extra money under the table. I went to his boss and they reported him.I guess it just not was me beacuse he lost his job and they took his licecense as a doctor and he was also reported to the police.

He also put me on meds that was very dangerous because of interactions. It even was a notice about him in the paper. We have a few every year doing like this.  :tickedoff: