Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Cant see how I will get better?

[le...]

I am mid withdrawal of Clonazepam but keep wondering  this......I was prescribed Diazepam and Clonazepam (Valium & Klonopin) for anxiety/agoraphobia as I could not even leave my bedroom. They worked wonders and I started to live a normal life, but as time has gone on I got worse as in anxiety/agoraphobia returned whilst on the benzos..... So I was originally prescribed them for anxiety.....People say that once off benzos anxiety goes, but what if they were like me, had terrible anxiety before they even went on them? I have no history of drug or alcohol abuse, just started getting panic attacks that were so bad that in the end I stayed in my bedroom for nearly 2 months having to use a bucket to go to the toilet, went from 211lbs to 187lbs and curled up in a sheet all day and night in the corner of my bedroom until a psychiatrist came out to my home and saw me in my bedroom .....So cant understand how coming off these drugs is going to help lower or erase my anxiety?

Hello, I might be able to help I have fought with agoraphobia and panic for 15 years now, spent months in my house in bed. I was at 10mgs of xanax a day, I started out on a low dose and I felt normal and I had a life again, but never failed in time they wouldn't help as much so my doctor just upped my dose. Until they started pulling everyone off. I had my doctor that agreed I did not need to be taken off but at 10gs and still having full blown panic I was done. I found this site and started my taper.

It has not been easy, but I promise it gets better. I started doing yoga and that helped a great deal, I was able to calm my thoughts, slow my breathing and ground myself, I even started ariel yoga. I used to go tot he gym but I struggle being there at times unless its late at night, and I stick to the movie room cardio.

As for other meds, I have been terrified to take anything else because of what the xanax have done to me.