Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Only feel safe under the covers

[Ja...]

I just get really overstimulated really quickly. Earlier today I just went and spent time at a friend's house, drove her to run an errand, then came home. My one real goal for the day is to get up in 15 minutes and clean the bathroom, because in about an hour my father in law is coming to take us out to dinner and I am embarrassed at how messy it is.

But I have been hiding under the covers since I came home an hour ago.

Years ago I worked with autistic children and we gave them weighted blankets to lie under when they had been overstimulated. That's what lying under my heavy duvet reminds me of. It's the thing that brings me the most comfort, and unfortunately the activity that my husband approves of least. It's "not healthy". Wish me luck out at the restaurant, buddies. At least I won't have to cook.

Hope you were able to enjoy the meal out as much as possible! I've missed loads of family meals out, I'm hoping to attempt going to the next one that happens.

Let us know how you got on and hope you're ok!

Good luck.

I can relate, I only feel safe in my what my friends and boyfriend now joke and call my "nest".

When i first started having panic attacks, I had no idea what was going on I would run in my room or if it was late at night the living room make a floor bed and I had to have my pillow, blanket and stuffed animal (I am 33 so I have had many people say its not healthy and I finally realized fuck them, because this is what makes me feel safe) and I would put on a movie or Tv show usually buffy the vampire slayer and that was the only thing that helped.

Over the years my nest became mobile, if I would go out with friends I would throw my blanket, pillow and bear in my back seat we've been together over a year and hes learning that I am a complex little creature and 2 weeks ago I had gone to the doctors with my mom, and I wasnt having a bad day but something said bring the nest and her car ended up breaking down so 4 hours stuck outside (not my favorite place) and I just made the nest in my boyfriends back seat he cranked his ac and I just hung out while he fixed her car.