Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Recovery moving along slower the further out I go?

[il...]

My usual disclaimer - anyone earlier on than I am, please don't be scared. I'm out driving for uber as we speak, with ease. It gets so much better!

Since I hit 6 months and everything started dropping/windows and waves began, it seemed that every couple of weeks, *something* took a *noticeable* turn towards healing. It was glorious, it was reassuring, it was just wonderful. I feel like for the past month, (give or take - it's hard to gage) not much has changed. Is this normal? It's definitely not a set back. I don't feel worse. I just don't feel noticeably better. Like I'm just waiting for the AM anxiety to go away (although it's gotten much better), I'm waiting for my faint tinnitus to disappear all together, and I'm waiting to feel fine after I eat. Logic would dictate that all of the aforementioned sxs would start disappearing relatively soon based on my progression, but I feel like I'm at a standstill, which is what's behind my moments of doubt.

Looking for reassurance I guess. Praying for all!

I feel the same.  I kept feeling like I was getting better through 6 months off.  Sure, I had waves but I always came out of them better.  Now since month 6 (I'm almost 9 months now) I feel like I've been stuck!  I've had bad waves last a few weeks and when I come out of them I feel just like I did before the wave.  Not better per se.  And most of my sxs are just hanging around and not getting any better like the body twitching.  The 4am surges that have come and go since my taper are still coming and going.  I'll have none for a few weeks and then they'll start up again with no rhyme or reason, same as they did 9 months ago.  I feel like I've plateaued and it's quite frustrating.  I want to enjoy a beer or a glass of wine (just one with a nice dinner) but I refuse to do it until I'm at least 60 days without sxs and I'm just not getting there.  I feel no closer than I did 90 days ago.  I felt worse from month 6-7 and now I'm feeling pretty good but it's still no better than it was before that brutal wave in those months.  ::):(>:(

I feel the same.  I kept feeling like I was getting better through 6 months off.  Sure, I had waves but I always came out of them better.  Now since month 6 (I'm almost 9 months now) I feel like I've been stuck!  I've had bad waves last a few weeks and when I come out of them I feel just like I did before the wave.  Not better per se.  And most of my sxs are just hanging around and not getting any better like the body twitching.  The 4am surges that have come and go since my taper are still coming and going.  I'll have none for a few weeks and then they'll start up again with no rhyme or reason, same as they did 9 months ago.  I feel like I've plateaued and it's quite frustrating.  I want to enjoy a beer or a glass of wine (just one with a nice dinner) but I refuse to do it until I'm at least 60 days without sxs and I'm just not getting there.  I feel no closer than I did 90 days ago.  I felt worse from month 6-7 and now I'm feeling pretty good but it's still no better than it was before that brutal wave in those months.  ::):(>:(

Glad I'm not alone. How did we go months (after 6) making noticeable improvements every couple of weeks to stagnant? I'm in no way worse, just not where I need to be. 

But I have to say man, don't push the alcohol, even just a glass 60 days out. Look at what alcohol did to me. Most of my sxs were either non-existent or not bad at all before i drank. My next drinking date will be October 2017, a cousin's wedding.

Honestly I'm sorry you guys are going through this but it makes me feel a little better knowing I'm not alone.  For me, start - 3months was bad, and then 3-6 seemed like it was more noticeable improvements, but since then I've felt really stuck. No real improvements to speak of only waves and then when they subsided it didn't improve it just went back to the normal.

Sadly I'm at 10.5+ months out and still stuck.

Really hoping to see some light/improvement soon... I hate feeling stuck.

Glad I'm not alone. How did we go months (after 6) making noticeable improvements every couple of weeks to stagnant? I'm in no way worse, just not where I need to be. 

But I have to say man, don't push the alcohol, even just a glass 60 days out. Look at what alcohol did to me. Most of my sxs were either non-existent or not bad at all before i drank. My next drinking date will be October 2017, a cousin's wedding.

Yeah, i'll be a lot further out than 60 days from jumping, but I need to test the waters eventually to stay sane  :) I'm not going to rush it though for sure.

I still have 2 mental issues: anxiety and the intrusives...dp/dr started to lift recently.

I'm so glad the DP started to lift recently for you! Good stuff!

In true fashion, just when I don't think I can take anymore (which is when I've been posting lately), the turn happens. I feel absolutely wonderful today, and I worked for 8 hours yesterday!! This turn took longer than most, as I said, but .... it finally came! Whoop whoop!

Hang on everyone!! 

I'm glad to see that you are feeling better. It is a matter of time for all of us. I'm sure there will come a day when I feel better too. I'm just hoping it comes sooner than later.

***its not just a window, I don't get excited about them anymore. It's a new baseline, I can just tell.

Davis - whether someone is on a slower path or a faster path, you just nailed it - it takes time, and that's across the board for everyone so you are not alone, and you will feel relief soon, I promise! You're a brave warrior, just keep fighting. This is 10 months you never have to live ever again. Ever.