Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Looking back.. Probably in tolerance for years!

[Ri...]

Minimum of 5 yrs. ago when Klon. dosage wasn't increased my health (physical & mental) went south.

I never related it to the Benzo... till now. It's like I've been in w/d the whole time! Not just titration

time plus 60 days off drug!  Please any thoughts on this theory.

Thank you ,RickC

Minimum of 5 yrs. ago when Klon. dosage wasn't increased my health (physical & mental) went south.

I never related it to the Benzo... till now. It's like I've been in w/d the whole time! Not just titration

time plus 60 days off drug!  Please any thoughts on this theory.

Thank you ,RickC

I think I was the same way, in tolerance w/d for years.. never able to feel good, although always trying to work on my health for years, and years.. then, a few years ago, the doctor gave me risperdal (an anti-psychotic) that doctors use as a "shut up drug".. has turned me into a zombie, unknowingly.. Now, 6 months off the clonazepam, I'm tackling the risperdal and am 1/2 way through my taper of it.. I hear what you're saying and I agree with the theory.. that's been true in my case, I believe..  - Eric

That's exactly what happened to me - getting sick was what made me question the drugs I was on.

Thought it was the Adderall, and tapered that off. Still sick. Thought it was the Paxil, and tapered that off.

Whoops - it was the Ativan, and what a snarling beast it turned out to be.

Glad to be done with ALL of them.  :sick:

same with me...until I was tapering from the xanax I did not realize what withdrawal felt like- once I did- I realize the lousy feelings I had for so so many yearswere actually withdrawal- I could finally recognize them-  if only I had known sooner  I could have saved years of feeling crappy and not knowing why! Oh well- have to look forward not back....

I believe I built up a tolerance to Xanax and didn't even know it.  My psychiatrist prescribed .75mg of Xanax back in September/2009 to treat my anxiety.  I took it everyday religiously for 6 years and was feeling great, no anxiety at all.  What I didn't know was that I was also building a tolerance to it, because I kept taking everyday believing that if I stopped my anxiety would return.  Well as luck would have it, I changed jobs back in October/2015 and since I don't do well with major changes in my life, the anxiety returned.  I went back to the doctor and he kept upping the dosage until I was taking 4mg daily and still not working.  I felt like I was popping M&Ms, 1mg tablet 4 times a day and it was doing nothing.  I'm sure that was because over 6 years I had built up such a tolerance that who knows how high the dosage would have had to be to actually start working for me.  Anyway after going to the ER for a panic attack and being told by the doctor on call that I was on a very high and dangerous dosage of Xanax, and should thing about getting off of it.  So here I am 5+ months after my jump and now dealing with severe withdrawal symptoms.

No doubt, I was in benzo tolerance for a couple of years before I figured out what was dismantling my health and my life. It was a slow process but it ruined my life.

Made bad decisions and it was very costly.

Me too ;)

Would never had thought how much of my problems were due to the benzos and ADs and the other stuff.

Funny,- got to the doctors with problems and the solution was: More problems on top.

Thank you....

Yes, I believe I was in tolerance withdrawal for years.  My health was declining and I had derealization plus vertigo.  Felt disconnected to everything. I couldn't put my finger on it and finally made the connection by doing some research and finding groups like this one. Much love, courage and compassion to you all.

Rickc - I agree with you that I was upping my dosage all the time I was taking Xanax for 15 years. I never believed my doctor would be steering me the wrong way. I never knew even after I started having cognitive problems that it was the Xanax. I believed my brain problems were from taking drugs and I felt like once I stopped I would be fine. I never dreamed 10 months later then here I would be.

same with me...until I was tapering from the xanax I did not realize what withdrawal felt like- once I did- I realize the lousy feelings I had for so so many yearswere actually withdrawal- I could finally recognize them-  if only I had known sooner  I could have saved years of feeling crappy and not knowing why! Oh well- have to look forward not back....

This is exactly how it happened to me too. I truly wondered if others had come to this conclusion too. I could have possibly saved a lot of time, stress, turmoil and money had i known.