Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

How many people stay in bed all day?

[Ti...]

just wondering.  My mom tells me i should get out of bed. i cant. My heart is killing me and i cant breathe.  This is going to take some time. Just wondering who stays in bed must if the day?

I feel like I'm choking, and my chest is caving in. What a romping pain in the ass! It's sent me to bed a lot lately. I just accept that if I have to be in the bed, then so be it. What else can we really do? And others can't begin to understand. I'm blessed that my family don't even try anymore. They just let me do what I need to. I insist on it!

I know how you feel Timmy. You feel that way because you can't do what you want to right now. I feel the same way. Just hold on. It will pass. You'll see.

Hello Timmyp!  BIG :hug:

I'm so sorry you are still struggling sweetheart! I want you to know that I too have been exactly where you are! I promise you hun, the way you feel right now (pain, confusion, second guessing your every thought, fear etc.) It WILL get better, much better and then it will all be like a distant memory sweetie! :smitten: You will not feel like this forever, you really are much stronger then you realize. You ARE strong, you ARE a warrior, you WILL beat this!!

Repeat these words over and over if you have to "I AM WELL, I LOVE MYSELF, I AM WORTH THIS FIGHT! I AM STRONG! I AM WORTH IT!! Because you know what Timmyp? YOU ARE!! :hug:

Please stay strong hun! :smitten:

Gentle :hug: and lots of :smitten:

Love your BB friend, blessed41

At this point no I don't stay in bed all day, but its been close to 4 months since my CT.

When I was where you are, I could not do anything BUT stay in bed most of the time. Or couch.

Explain to your mom anytime she tells you to do something that it's not a "mind over matter" issue, not at your stage in the game anyway. Say, "if I had a broken leg, would you say to go run and shake it off?" That helped with my parents a bit.

In your case I would say: The only thing that matters is to stay away from drugs. No matter if that holds you in bed without taking a shower for 6 weeks, okay, why not. You have to find out what is good for you, test it for some days and then make another test with something new (like a shower perhaps:-)