Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Do you have a hard time making decisions?

[Am...]

I seem to be mostly ok, but have a very hard time making decisions. I am also very suggestable if that makes any sense at all. Its weird but since I have my husband to help it hasn't been too terrible. We've actually been getting along really great lately, since I've been off the xanax he's been helping so much I could not ask for a better partner. My family doesn't like it because he hasn't worked in 6 months or so but honestly I like him being home and not working all the time right now. We don't have a lot of money but we aren't starving and our bills get paid.

let me see.....hummm....hummm...hummm...LOL.

Yes, it's a challenge and when I do, I second guess many times.

My fear is making mistakes. Fear of embarrassment.

It's part of my original condition.

Now with no chemical, I have to learn life skills.

Hi there. When we're at our lowest psychological state in life we lose all our conficence. That it turn makes decision-making very difficult. People in this state tend to listen to others alot and end up thinking their own opinions and decisions are bad ones. Ergo, not trustning in onself and becoming very suggestable. You're confidence will come back with time as you're body heals. I wish you the best of luck finding you're old confident self again, i'm sure you will  :)

thank you! I have never really been a very confident person in general. I am trying though.

Hi there. When we're at our lowest psychological state in life we lose all our conficence. That it turn makes decision-making very difficult. People in this state tend to listen to others alot and end up thinking their own opinions and decisions are bad ones. Ergo, not trustning in onself and becoming very suggestable. You're confidence will come back with time as you're body heals. I wish you the best of luck finding you're old confident self again, i'm sure you will  :)

I think this is me too. No chemicals now and need to learn or re-learn some life skills.

let me see.....hummm....hummm...hummm...LOL.

Yes, it's a challenge and when I do, I second guess many times.

My fear is making mistakes. Fear of embarrassment.

It's part of my original condition.

Now with no chemical, I have to learn life skills.

I seem to postpone decisions to the very last minute and then I don't seem to always make the best ones. I am indecisive and then I force myself to choose and then regret most of the decisions I make. It is a vicious cycle. I guess we all have made poor decisions at times, or how else did we end up here.

I've discovered I can make decisions from two different places.

Out of a place of love or a place of fear.

If from a place of fear, it's probably not a good decision.

Decision making/overall cognitive abilities were horrible. They only *started* improving at 6 months. I pumped myself with brain foods of all kinds! I'm not *quite* healed yet cognitively, but, it gets so much better! Promise!

Oh my god in the last 5 years I had so much problems because every decision seemed to be wrong!!!! I was irritated and insecure. The more I reached the zero the more I discovered how helpful it is to make a decision in a fast way and just live with the consequence. Thats what I am training now. And it works. You can put so much energy in wondering which decision - just say yes or no or chose something and live with it. Sounds easy, its not. But I got relief somehow by doing it because I have more brain left without wondering all the time. Also noticed that decisions are much better now! Funny... :idiot: