Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Arrogant Prick

[ne...]

Hi all,

I am trying to support others and I try to write in direct, affirming language. To give hope, to remind that this is hard and we all get it. To reassure that we get better and we are in withdrawal. To those in this longer than me, I think they are thinking "yeah, what do they know"

Then, after I post, I feel like an arrogant prick.

This second guessing stuff frustrating.

My emotions are all over the place.

When at times, people don't write back, I feel I've offended someone at times.  Other times, I know that  they read it and are thinking about it or are in symptoms.

I'm guessing I'm preaching to the choir.

Others with wild thoughts like this?

Care to discuss?

Try not  to be discouraged when you don't get replies.  I know it's hard to see when your posts get alot of views and no responses, but others are actually going through the same thing and they wouldn't be reading your post if they weren't looking for help themselves.  Hope that helps as I do understand

Thanks for responding.

This is a tough mental game.  :idiot:

Hello nexttime,

You are so new off benzos and that is when the symptoms can be the strongest. Emotions can run high and overreacting is the norm.  I remember being sad when I didn't get replies or many replies to my posts and simply elated when I saw posts on my blog or elsewhere.

It's all part of the process and will even out with time.  Hang in there, it gets better, much better.

pianogirl  :smitten:

You all rock!  Nice to be able to just get it all out on "paper" and get feedback.

I can't course correct without feedback.

It's nice to have discussions while we are all 'doing time'

Hi all,

I am trying to support others and I try to write in direct, affirming language. To give hope, to remind that this is hard and we all get it. To reassure that we get better and we are in withdrawal. To those in this longer than me, I think they are thinking "yeah, what do they know"

Then, after I post, I feel like an arrogant prick.

This second guessing stuff frustrating.

My emotions are all over the place.

When at times, people don't write back, I feel I've offended someone at times.  Other times, I know that  they read it and are thinking about it or are in symptoms.

I'm guessing I'm preaching to the choir.

Others with wild thoughts like this?

Care to discuss?

Hello,

There are also many people on here who don't really post and just read the posts.  Also most people only reply to subjects that pertain to them in that moment. That's why you will find sometimes, posts get a bunch of replies a couple days later. Instead of the day you posted it.

Your confidence will slowly return. Your brains not really firing on all cylinders . So you will encounter more situations like this as well. I am constantly misinterpreting things with people. I can't read people at all anymore. I used to be really good at it. Now I second guess myself most the time, but not as much as in the first few months. Sometimes I have days where I actually feel confident again.

Remy

I am also paranoid about what people here think...afraid I have said the wrong thing or offended someone.  Worried if no one responds to a post. Think maybe the withdrawal has made me overly sensitive...you are not alone in this.

Another thing about posts being viewed is that a large number of people on BB at any given time are not members and can view some of the boards but are not able to post without joining.

For example, just now there were 253 Guests on, but only 81 Members.

Thank you for the replies. It means a lot!!!

Everything all 3 of you say makes sense.

More than anything when supporting others I don't want to come across as giving platitudes or a cliche.  Those have been thrown at me along with bible verses that only inflict more pain. Words have power in them I believe. I'm trying to be careful with mine.

I'm glad I've met all of you. I'm sad we met under such suck conditions.  Face to face would be great, but I find it very difficult to leave home, let alone my bed. I gave myself permission today to just rest as much as I need. A person with a nervous breakdown would be expected to be in bed.

This feels just like a chemical induced chemical breakdown, so bedrest for now.  Keeping stress at bay as much as possible.

Hugs!

I know I have done posts in the past and not gotten a ton of responses. There are tons of people who just read and are unable to respond due to illness or WD. Try not to take it personally it surely is not meant that way. Sometimes people don't relate to what you are saying exactly. I try to use experience to respond to as many posts as possible.