Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

White, Dry, Flake Skin

[ne...]

I've noticed something at the last of my taper and after the jump.

Where every there is some dense hair on my body (scalp) I have dry, white, flake skin.

I can lightly scratch the skin and it breaks up in little white flakes.

Anyone else?

Sounds like sebborheic dermatitis. I used to have it, but it would only show itself through a flake or two under my mustache. Nothing crazy. (It is fueled by stress/anxiety)

With withdrawal, it covered a quarter of my face. Use head and shoulders or T-gel shampoo. If it creeps up on any other part of the face, cover it with a thin layer of Vaseline and just let it sit. The flaky skin will come right off after a few hours.

My dermatologist said there's no reason it wouldn't go back to what it originally was (next to nothing) when this is all said and done.

Sounds like sebborheic dermatitis. I used to have it, but it would only show itself through a flake or two under my mustache. Nothing crazy. (It is fueled by stress/anxiety)

With withdrawal, it covered a quarter of my face. Use head and shoulders or T-gel shampoo. If it creeps up on any other part of the face, cover it with a thin layer of Vaseline and just let it sit. The flaky skin will come right off after a few hours.

My dermatologist said there's no reason it wouldn't go back to what it originally was (next to nothing) when this is all said and done.

Thanks, I've been using all kinds of things like coconut oil and other natural oils. I can also scratch anywhere on my body and get little flakes to appear. It is most noticeable on scalp.  It's nothing I've ever had before. I expect it to get better with time and healing.

I'd stay away from all oils. They actually feed the overgrowing yeast which is what dermatitis is. Look it up. I learned a lot.

Looking forward to it going away myself! Even if it's just a flake or two under my mustache, I'll be happy with that.

I'd stay away from all oils. They actually feed the overgrowing yeast which is what dermatitis is. Look it up. I learned a lot.

Looking forward to it going away myself! Even if it's just a flake or two under my mustache, I'll be happy with that.

Really...thanks.  I'll have to start researching.

It was never that bad for me. In fact it was due to work-related stress and I got out of the industry that caused that much stress anyway.

I researched it all again due to wd though. Honestly? Stay away from everything but Tgel for the scalp and Vaseline for the face. That's a quick conclusion/summary from all of my research. Everything else is either too harsh on the skin (like this dermazinc spray I used to use) or feeds the yeast, like coconut oils. You could take zinc if you weren't going through wd, I hear that helps, but, like most, I'm sure you'll react to it so I wouldn't recommend it.

Good luck!