Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Need help with a water titration schedule

[Aj...]

Ok so I have 35 5mg valium my dose right now is 10mg a day But I'm fairly certain I could do 7.5 mg a day to start. Is it possible to do a water titration with the 35 I have left and if so can anyone help me with the schedule because I don't understand how it all works!

From my understanding, you will need to mix it with a bit of alcohol to dissolve it, before mixing with water. Try dissolving one of the tablets in a bit of vodka, then into some water and take the full dose for a couple of days before beginning the titration. Hopefully someone with Valium titration experience will be along to help.

From my understanding, you will need to mix it with a bit of alcohol to dissolve it, before mixing with water. Try dissolving one of the tablets in a bit of vodka, then into some water and take the full dose for a couple of days before beginning the titration. Hopefully someone with Valium titration experience will be along to help.

You are correct.  Valium is NOT water-soluble.  But it can be dissolved in a small amount of alcohol (vodka) or propylene glycol, then diluted with water.

Note that only a tiny percentage of your tablet is actually Valium.  The Valium will definitely dissolve, but there will be other ingredients (fillers, binders, colorants, etc) that may not dissolve.  So don't worry if you have solid particles left in your solution.

Builder,

I see that you tapered your last mg of Valium in about 1 1/2 months. That's pretty fast for me! I'd love to do that but I get lots of side efx with each cut I make.

Please tell me if that was a smooth taper, that last 1 mg. did you get many bad wdfx?

You see, I am trying to figure out if I am just scared to make a cut bigger than .01 for five days in a row, equaling  a .05 cut,

or whether I really need to.slow down to that size cut, hold for two weeks and then listen to how I feel and decide when to proceed again.

It seems so slow, but if means less side effects? Then it's worth it. But if I will get the side effects anyway, why not go a tiny but faster?

Thanks for your help!

Heath

Builder,

I see that you tapered your last mg of Valium in about 1 1/2 months. That's pretty fast for me! I'd love to do that but I get lots of side efx with each cut I make.

Please tell me if that was a smooth taper, that last 1 mg. did you get many bad wdfx?

You see, I am trying to figure out if I am just scared to make a cut bigger than .01 for five days in a row, equaling  a .05 cut,

or whether I really need to.slow down to that size cut, hold for two weeks and then listen to how I feel and decide when to proceed again.

It seems so slow, but if means less side effects? Then it's worth it. But if I will get the side effects anyway, why not go a tiny but faster?

Thanks for your help!

Heath

Once I got down to 3mg, I had zero WD sxs, so I was able to speed up.  I actually increased my cut rate when I got down to 2mg.

At some point, your dose becomes so small, your body has lost it's depenence.