Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Valium/diazepam people

[so...]

Any of you switched from once to twice a day dosing? I notices 6 hours after my dose I start feeling worse so thinking I should dose twice instead if once but I'm worried mixing things up might cause problems. Any suggestions?

If you're not happy at one dose you could try two for a bit. If it doesn't work out you can resume once a day. Sometimes it's trial and error. I tried to cut from 4X to 3X and I it just didn't work at all. I went back to 4X after 3 days and nothing was really messed up. Now I'm staying at 4 until I get lower. Then I'll give 3 X another go. I think lots of people have to readjust sometimes. Whatever works.  B

I'm thinking about halfing my dose and taking the first in the morning and the next 6 hours later. Do you think that will cause problems?

You're on the right track here but best case scenario would be to take your first dose whenever you want and your second dose exactly 12 hours later. I take my first dose late afternoon or early evening, then I wait anywhere between 8,10 or 12 hours before I take my second dose right before bed. The doses are 10 mg during the day and 5 mg before bed. But I think for you it will be better to cut exactly in half like you said you were doing and that's even better to be honest. I personally would have a big problem with only taking one dose a day too. I think first dose and 12 hours in between would be best case scenario.