Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

killer anxiety

[ge...]

I am in the depths of despair with constant anxiety at 2mg.  It really is crippling me, I've read people who say they didn't stabilise at lower doses, I think that's my problem without a doubt.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of cutting from a similar position and whether the anxiety got worse or just stayed the same?

If I knew it would stay the same I'd push on but I am of course worried it will get even worse.

Thanks

Those people are not you ! No, the anxiety won't get worse, won't even stay the same, it will lessen but it's just the first couple of weeks then it will lessen. That is if you hold for a while now. It just gets hard below 5 mg. Hold a bit longer after a cut if you are feeling like this. As a matter of fact hold as long as needed until you feel better. Last time I was at 4 mg and I felt energetic and calm but when I made the cut to 3 mg all hell broke lose. 1 mg anywhere below 10 mg is a big cut. If you push on it will not only stay the same but the anxiety will fade away. And once you get off completely and are benzo free after a while you will be amazed how much less anxiety you will have and how much better you will be able to cope and handle stress. Actually benzo's make you into a scared, anxious individual. The hormones and endorfines your body releases naturally are much better to make you handle and cope stress, it's just that poison that makes you scared and after a while you can take as much as you want it won't help you anymore. You are almost done ! Please don't give up !! It will be well worth it. Every day you will get less anxious and scared if you only let it even out.