Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

I need help please

[Pa...]

I cant sleep, i cant taste, smell, i pace and cannot stand still, im exhausted, idk what to do anymore, when will this end? when will i sleep again, feel like me again........help pls any advise, do i reinstate, shoud I even go there, or ask a doctor.......... and then taper again or what?

help

I would not reinstate at this point.  Your symptoms are very typical (be sure to thank your doctor for the fast taper and how it has left you feeling).  The symptoms you describe will slowly fade, but it might take a few months before you're feeling decent again.  Try to be calm.  Avoid stress.  Be healthy (eat properly, get some exercise but don't overdo it).  It's OK to take an OTC sleeping aid like a Benadryl or Unisom.  Stay away from alcohol.  You're going to be fine, but you're going to have to recover from this withdrawal and it will take some time.

Hang in there.

Hi PacingTigress, welcome!  :smitten:

I'm so sorry that you are going through such a terrible struggle after your abrupt and steep jump from Klonopin.

As bad as your symptoms are, it is common to still have them a few months after stopping benzos - I had a fairly high jump on June 18th, so I do know how rough it is.

Although sleep does return on its own eventually, you may want to consider something that can temporarily help through the insomnia, just to get you past the worst of it. These possibilities include OTC medications such as Unisom or Benadryl every now and then.

If you can just hang on, sleep should begin to return a little at a time now, and using the antihistamines (above) may possibly help bridge the gap and give you a little rest while your body repairs itself.

Aha, I see that badsocref has just offered this same thought.

Please try to hang on - it really does get better!  :thumbsup:

Hi PacingTigress, It sounds like normal stuff for your stage in wd, from your symptoms it seems like you are still in acute. That will improve mine lasted for 60 days. The thing about it is all the symptoms you are experiencing is that at some point you have to live through them. It might as well be now and get it out of the way. I know if I had to go through the symptoms I have had the last 9 months when I would really kill myself instead of thinking about it all the time. (I doubt I would do it even then). Try to take care of yourself, trust me I know exactly what is happening to you. I know how hard it is and the difficulty of living through it. It will def end eventually.

Try an old tryciclic antidepressant, like remeron or trazodone. Seroquel helps a ton. These drugs carry little to no dependency issues and are very effective for some people for sleep. Traz didn't work so well for me but remeron is great. Just makes me sleepy and hungry, it's a very mild drug. In my experience these things and good sleep hygiene has solved my insomnia. Melatonin is great too, even helps with me feel a little less anxious before bed. Now I don't need the meds for sleep, between staying active, staying away from sugar and caffeine, and practicing good sleeping habits. I have never slept so well in my life, and I was the kind of person who resign themselves to not sleeping for days/weeks. Part of the problem was I grew to learn to fear going to bed because it was always such a futile goal to fall asleep. Eventually, the fear of not being able to sleep and being anxious about going to bed, was the main cause of me not being able to sleep. Recognizing this was the first step, and then I started to go to bed, not assuming I was going to sleep or not, I just laid there and if I didn't fall asleep, I didn't get bent out of shape and all frustrated, I got up, did some sort of relaxing activity like taking s walk or reading a book. I'd do this until I fell asleep, just rinse and repeat. Eventually I'd fall asleep or I wouldn't, but I no longer let it bother me. I knew sleep would come at some point. And from then on, I never had the same problens sleeping ever again. No tv, no screens, clean linens, dark cool room, white noise machine(silence was defeating at night alone in the dark going through withdrawal), clean shaven and comfortable. I did everything possible to make sure I would have the best chance at sleeping possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Try an old tryciclic antidepressant, like remeron or trazodone. Seroquel helps a ton. These drugs carry little to no dependency issues and are very effective for some people for sleep. Traz didn't work so well for me but remeron is great. Just makes me sleepy and hungry, it's a very mild drug. In my experience these things and good sleep hygiene has solved my insomnia. Melatonin is great too, even helps with me feel a little less anxious before bed. Now I don't need the meds for sleep, between staying active, staying away from sugar and caffeine, and practicing good sleeping habits. I have never slept so well in my life, and I was the kind of person who resign themselves to not sleeping for days/weeks. Part of the problem was I grew to learn to fear going to bed because it was always such a futile goal to fall asleep. Eventually, the fear of not being able to sleep and being anxious about going to bed, was the main cause of me not being able to sleep. Recognizing this was the first step, and then I started to go to bed, not assuming I was going to sleep or not, I just laid there and if I didn't fall asleep, I didn't get bent out of shape and all frustrated, I got up, did some sort of relaxing activity like taking s walk or reading a book. I'd do this until I fell asleep, just rinse and repeat. Eventually I'd fall asleep or I wouldn't, but I no longer let it bother me. I knew sleep would come at some point. And from then on, I never had the same problens sleeping ever again. No tv, no screens, clean linens, dark cool room, white noise machine(silence was defeating at night alone in the dark going through withdrawal), clean shaven and comfortable. I did everything possible to make sure I would have the best chance at sleeping possible.

This is excellent advice. Remeron at a low dose (30 mgs) might settle your system and help with sleep and appetite. Worked very well for me.

I would agree 100% about Remeron – Mirtazapine. When I’ve gotten out of post-acute withdrawal, which takes about 4 -7 days for me, Remeron has always helped me grab some much needed sleep. It was only an hour or so to start off with but I gradually get more sleep. After about a month, I get back to normal, which is around 6 hours a night. We don’t all react the same to meds but Remeron was a great help. Anything that can give you any sleep when going CT is a godsend. I'm not sure how easy it would be to get them. If you can see your doctor, maybe you could get a prescription?