Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Need help

[Pa...]

Hi, Thanks for allowing me to register and join, I have been on .5 klonopin for 5 years, and was rapidly tapered by doc from May 4th-June 2nd 2016, and now am suffering terribly, no sleep, terror, fear 24/7, now have dp/dr, no taste, no smell, just  terrible w/d symptoms, it's brutal and unbearable now, and I need support, guidance and a general understanding of what's going on in my brain.

Thank you in advance for accepting me into this group, Note:

ineedpeace brought me over to this site.

Thank you,

PacingTigress

Edit: removed username from title

Hi  PacingTigress  :hug: Welcome to Benzobuddies

We are glad you joined BB, you will get plenty of support here.  I am sorry you’re having a rough time, withdrawal symptoms are awful but they will go with time.  It will get better I promise you, I know its tough right now but these symptoms are temporary.  It can take some time for the CNS to recover. 

Are you familiar with Prof Ashton’s manual, as well as taper advice, she describes and explains withdrawal symptoms.

I will put a link to the Ashton manual here for you: Professor Ashtons Manual

Feel free to post to any of the dedicated boards.  We have a wonderful community of people here.  Our members have been through all aspects of benzodiazepine use and withdrawal and are more than willing to share their experiences.

We do have a dedicated board for those people who have done a cold turkey or rapid withdrawal.  You can connect with others there who are in the same situation as you are: Cold Turkey Detox & Rapid Withdrawal Board

Here is link to the Post withdrawal support Post withdrawal recovery support board

Take a look at the Success Stories, it will get better with some time. Success Stories

If you would be so kind as to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice this link will show you how to Create a signature

Please let us know If you have any questions.

Welcome Aboard

Magrita