Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Inter dose withdrawals

[so...]

Is this possible with Valium? I take my full dose at 12pm. Im not sure if I'm just getting hit from my last cut 8 days ago or if I'm experiencing inter dose withdrawals from only dosing once. Please someone help I feel like crap.

Is this possible with Valium? I take my full dose at 12pm. I'm not sure if I'm just getting hit from my last cut 8 days ago or if I'm experiencing inter dose withdrawals from only dosing once. Please someone help I feel like crap.

My w/d comes likes waves. It's start at day 3-4 and the less symptoms for a few days and then another rebound hit me again around day 8-14. After that it is a few good days again until week 3 after cut It hits me again and then start to fade away. I had read that the w/d process is like this for many people using Valium.

Read this...It is my w/d process in a box... :-\

http://prescription-drug.addictionblog.org/how-long-does-valium-withdrawal-last/

Hope it can help u. I did help me to understand and cope with it...

Is this possible with Valium? I take my full dose at 12pm. Im not sure if I'm just getting hit from my last cut 8 days ago or if I'm experiencing inter dose withdrawals from only dosing once. Please someone help I feel like crap.

8 days from the cut is a pretty common delay for sxs with Valium.  When I was doing C&H, my sxs always came 8 days after the cut.  Interdose WD with Valium is almost impossible, even dosing once a day.

Was about to say, interdose v unlikely with V.

Much more likely to be cut related.

Of course if you're stressed about interdose, that could bring on a wave. :/

Do you dose once or twice?

I tried once a day but become wasted/sedated. Then I tried morning and evening. Not working at all. I get abstinence's

I made a cut for 3 days ago and now the w/d start :o

Symptoms: Punding heart,my head hurts. Feeling odd. Sensitive to light and noise. Chills, pain in my legs. Hope it will stay there.

It is OK but not nice, but I can handle it.

I cut 1 mg from 15 mg. I will try to make 1 mg/week. If not working every 14 days..

So when the feeling of being wasted/sedated is gone I will take my dose in the morning.

My last time I only took my meds in the morning and it worked out fine for me.

I take me Valium 4X a day because I tried 3X and it was a disaster. I really do get interdose problems so for me it is possible with Valium. I guess it's rare but I'm positive that's what it is. It's bothersome because when I take my doses I feel rotten for about an hour. Then I'm ok till next dose. I think my metabolism is on override sometimes but my thyroid tests show I'm clearly ok and finally on the right dose of synthroid. My family doc monitors me regularly because my old doc had me on a dose that was 25 percent to high. Thing is as I get lower in this taper (I'm trying .5 cuts every 5 days) it will be harder on me with 4X a day. Maybe then I'll try twice a day and let the chips fall as they may. Anyway I guess I'm weird. Interdose is a problem for me. Can't wait for this to be over. Right now I'm under a lot of stress but am managing my cuts regardless. But it's a hard pill to swallow (no pun intended)). 😅 I'm now at 12.5. Tuesday will go to 12 mg and so forth. I got stuck at 13.5 after a hold at 14 mg for vacations. Unfortunately the hold really set me back for some reason. Anyway, finally on the move down again. Anyway, I listen to my body as much as possible, distract myself etc when the rough stuff happens. Or just sleep. Whatever it takes. B

My experience with V and interdose withdrawal is different.

I'm an ultra fast metabolizer for 1 of the main phase I liver pathways, (CYP2C19) and indeed experience interdose withdrawal.

https://www.pharmgkb.org/views/pathway/PA165111375.pdf

Given this, I triangulate my doses 9:30am, 4:30pm, 11:30 pm.

It's not perfect, but improved my taper once I switched from twice a day to 3 times a day.

Marija

I'm an ultra fast metabolizer for 1 of the main phase I liver pathways, (CYP2C19) and indeed experience interdose withdrawal.

It's not perfect, but improved my taper once I switched from twice a day to 3 times a day.

Marija

I am a poor metabolize. I don't have CYP2C19  :-[.

But I don't know about the other CYP3A4 enzyme that metabolize diazepam/Valium

I can't take my dose one time because I get so wasted especially when I have the dose I have know, 14 mg. But I was down to 2,5 mg in the morning when I got my relapse....

I take morning and night. But this is strange....I feel abstinence's 2-3 hours before my night dose...

When I am down to 12 I am gonna take my dose in the morning it worked well last time.

I originally took Ativan 3x per day and had terrible interdose WDs during my first failed taper. I crossed over to Valium 4x per day and was able to easily taper the Ativan. At this point I'm now down to 1 mg of Valium in the morning and 1 mg in the evening. No interdose WDs for me on V so far. I'm nervous about cutting to 1x per day though. That's up next. Yikes. I believe it can happen with V but thankfully it is rare.

Marija

I am a poor metabolize. I don't have CYP2C19  :-[.

But I don't know about the other CYP3A4 enzyme that metabolize diazepam/Valium

I can't take my dose one time because I get so wasted especially when I have the dose I have know, 14 mg. But I was down to 2,5 mg in the morning when I got my relapse....

I take morning and night. But this is strange....I feel abstinence's 2-3 hours before my night dose...

When I am down to 12 I am gonna take my dose in the morning it worked well last time.

Sundance,

We are all so physiologically different making this process a challenge, for sure. There doesn't appear to be a one best approach. Plenty of trial and error.

I wish you well on finding the best dosing for your body. You'll get there.

Marija