Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

severe cog fog anybody else?Scaring daylites out of me

[re...]

I have had cognitive problems for a few months now and they are really hard to deal with at times. I have to keep reminding myself that this is withdrawal and will go away with time. This is a good way to learn patience! But I sure wouldn't recommend it.

thankyou Granma for answering.I had very horrible night last night and it started with Cog fog Bless us all FG sakeStill shook up I cant believe there are no Hotlines for benzo sufferes  Reindeer 

Ranomi  I am so sorry you were having issues too.Take care I pray for us all on benzobuddies                                    Reindeer

I have it pretty much 24/7 and what scares me the most is the bad short term memory/lack of awareness of my surroundings. That really seems to go hand in hand with the DP/DR that I have virtually all the time now and I never get used to it. Even though I know it isn't dangerous it still is such a foreign feeling that it terrifies me.

I have it pretty much 24/7 and what scares me the most is the bad short term memory/lack of awareness of my surroundings. That really seems to go hand in hand with the DP/DR that I have virtually all the time now and I never get used to it. Even though I know it isn't dangerous it still is such a foreign feeling that it terrifies me.

Fuzzy I am so sorry you are going through this.Some friends of mine that I havent seen in a year came over yesterday And I was so stressed started trembling and was scared that they would notice .I ended up telling what happened and surprisingly one of those friends had been through the same thing!She knew exactly what was going on.God help us all....Reindeer

Cog fog is scary. I actually thought I was brain-damaged from how bad it is at times. I feel like I'm seeing some improvement. I have to be aware of getting proper nutrition and I added in folic acid. I don't know why that would help me but I had read that Lamictal depletes folic acid and I take Lamictal so I thought I'd give it a shot and I've felt tremendously better since then.