Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

3 months off

[Tr...]

Hello everyone!

Today I'm 3 months (well almost; Sept 17 will be exact 3 months).  I'm feeling better and healing has begun - very SLOWLY. I have noticed some windows lately, especially yesterday and today.  There were times I feel I'm 99.99% come back to "normal".  Even though, I still suffer from dp on a daily basis but I notice it has eased a bit, very slowly.  The panic attacks don’t come as often, even if they do, they are not as bad as before.  Intrusive thoughts don’t come as often too. Even if they do, I just let them go and don’t react or pay much attention to them anymore.  Fatigue still there but better depends if I have good sleep.  I sleep around 6-7 hours per night and I think this helps a lot.  Headache still there, again if I have more sleep it is better.  Palm and feet sweating still happens sometimes. 

I have accept that this will take a LONG time and it is OK because I will allow my body and mind to have as much time as it needs to heal. I’m 100% trust that I will. I understand these feelings and emotions are unpleasant and can be hard at times but if I accept and let them be there it will be easy for me to get on with my days.  I’m currently working 40 hours per week, taking two college classes, cooking, cleaning, etc. 

The only thing that truly helps me- ACCEPTANCE and LET IT BE.

Just want to share with you guys.  We can do this together. Stay strong everyone.

Take care!

Hi, thanks for your post!

Good to hear that you have improved so much, it gives hope!

I have a question about the panic attacks, are you having them with a light form of hyperventilation? I used to hyperventilate always a bit during my panic attacks, and now with my breath slowing down after the jump, it's easier to do breathing exercises so that helps a lot.

Tracy, you ROCK!!!  I GET the wet hands/feet wake up call, LOL, but at least I am not wearing socks in bed anymore!!!  I am a week behind you and thrilled that I will heal like you!

Hi there!

Yes, I am having panic attacks with hyperventilation.  I used to freak out with the panic attacks and the more I freaked out the worse the panic attacks became.  I have learned not to scary by them, but just to see them as waves going through my body, seeing them as releasing bad energy in order for me to heal. This is not easy at times. Whenever I have the strong panic attacks, I would distract myself by get up, taking a walk to somewhere...I notice I got panic attacks at work while sitting down, so I just got up...the minute I got up it gets better...And yes I do breathing exercise...this helps too...

Thanks for your reply. It will be important for me to recognize those panic attacks too, as I doubt they will leave for 100% as I had them long before starting taking benzo's. Getting up, walking, breathing, seeking distractions.

Hi there!

Please don't be discouraged. I trust that we all will be recovered fully  (100%) with time. Doesn't matter how long we have suffered because our bodies are built the same so they will heal the same as long as we listen to our bodies.