Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

1st time losin it

[be...]

I'm at a new point. I can no longer see the end, it just seems too improbable due to the daily suffering. I'm at the sleep derivation part. Is it just the sleep loss causing the depression and wanting to give in. I don't even know who to surrender to. Anybody ever lost the light?

I'm at a new point. I can no longer see the end, it just seems too improbable due to the daily suffering. I'm at the sleep derivation part. Is it just the sleep loss causing the depression and wanting to give in. I don't even know who to surrender to. Anybody ever lost the light?

Yes, lost the light many times - so sorry you are in this bad place.

Insomnia stayed brutal after I jumped, but began to ease up as I approached two months off - it's SO much better now.

Try to hold onto that hope, because sleep does return.  :thumbsup:

I lose the light every week, then search my flashlight, which loses power a few days after, then I search a candle and get very angry and in all this losing and searching I get the strength back to move on.

Sorry for that picture - but I know what you are talking about its really exhausting this process. Like a marathon (without sleep).

I send you a little light  :my buddy:

you are not alone I am sure every moment you are thinking "I cannot do this any more" another buddy on this planet is thinking the same

Marigold

I lose the light every week, then search my flashlight, which loses power a few days after, then I search a candle and get very angry and in all this losing and searching I get the strength back to move on.

Sorry for that picture - but I know what you are talking about its really exhausting this process. Like a marathon (without sleep).

I send you a little light  :my buddy:

you are not alone I am sure every moment you are thinking "I cannot do this any more" another buddy on this planet is thinking the same

Marigold

Marigold.... i know this wasnt meant for me but thank you for this so much  (((.  ))))... I can no longer bear the suffering.... I feel as though I'm waiting to die and I want to live...

The damage done to me is too great.... :'(

Bernerd1... I feel your pain and I send healing wishes to all....

It is very hard but you have to give it time. You have to go through the fire to get to the other side.

1 month is very early in benzo withdrawal . You need to keep on going and do not take any more benzos, no matter how hard it gets. That is not the answer. The ONLY answer is patience, acceptance and time.

There are no short cuts and there are no silver bullets to make you heal faster than what your own body allows.

Oh yeah i have lost it many times during withdrawal and will lose it a couple more times. Once you surrender to everything. You will have a calm acceptance towards all of this and life in general. Finding that inner calm acceptance is key in my opinion to getting through this. Its one of the most powerful tools we can utilize. Google radical acceptance.  Once you accept all of this and stop focusing on the time and all of that it will be a whole lot easier.

Thanks

Remy

I think at least once a day, often many times a day, that I cannot continue. Just try to get thru one day.  Sometimes I parse my day out, counting the hours until bedtime and then thinking about how I will allocate them....usually I have enough stuff in mind to do that I only have about half the day to stay in my head.....that seems more manageable.