Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Throat close sensation

[Ia...]

I have that feeling. I'm not sure if it was started by anxiety, withdrawal or both. I'm high anxiety, so anything I noticed is amplified big time. I also tend to "look" for symptoms to see if they're gone. Once I do that, it shows back up. The mind can be an awful thing.

I have that feeling. I'm not sure if it was started by anxiety, withdrawal or both. I'm high anxiety, so anything I noticed is amplified big time. I also tend to "look" for symptoms to see if they're gone. Once I do that, it shows back up. The mind can be an awful thing.

Jeez you sound like me... I feel it a bit in the orning and bam it gets bad... I am sure it is anxiety... but then again my face was numb yesterday as well as my neck so that was withdrawl I think

Hi, yes I ha this awful and it is the one that just didn't let up or go away..you swallow and swallow until you panic and you still have that feeling of either something stuck or no room in your throat ... bed time was awful ...trying to swallow ..the more you try you become obsessed ...mine is gradually going away like everything else ...either gone or only slight now ... Love Tass.x

Yes! My anxiety is what got me here in the first place. I think I was born anxious. I've struggled with it my entire life. My body is always on high alert. That's why I loved Ativan (not knowing I should never have been prescribed it long term) I was able to sleep and not feel the struggles of anxiety and worry. Now I need to get through all this withdrawal and cope another way. I'm planning on changing my diet to make it well balanced and adding in exercise. The thought of exercise right now exhausts me. Lol! Hopefully we can all get through this sooner than later.

I have that off and on, I chalk it up to bouts of reflux.... But it was so bad at one point I could feel the tissues of my throat rubbing together when I swallowed.

It's actually doing it right now but very mild.... Started a few days ago.

Hi Iamsickofthis, maybe you could try accapuncture ...I have never tried it but I hear it is very good for anxiety ect ... meditation and some yoga eases tension in the body ... it's worth trying rather than been anxious all the time .x