Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Whats the best way to get off klonopin?

[Te...]

I only have access to 1mg pills my doctor wont prescribe anything else. I'm down to 0.5mg currently but have been down to 0.25mg but i did stupid things like drink alcohol or take rescue doses but i am determined now to quit. I feel stable on 0.5mg currently my pdoc wants me to add celexa because she believe all my anxiety isnt just the benzo withdrawal but i dont know. i used to take klonopin for years but only as a as needed 1mg a week max thing but for the past 5 months ive been doing 1mg a day. I can't get a new doctor easily or anything other then the 1mg pills.

I think a good first step would be to come to terms with your current anxiety level, but without adding more drugs to the mix.  Tapering often increases anxiety levels, so now is good time to develop some coping skills.  Your pdoc may not be the best person to teach you those skills since she likely uses drugs as primary means of anxiety control for her patients.  I guess that's a conversation that you can have with her.

As for the taper itself, you can purchase a small scale and weigh out portions or you can do some sort of liquid titration.  Both work fine, and there's plenty of folks here who will support you.  But first, I'd get your life organized (as devoid of stress as possible) and develop some good anxiety coping skills.

I only have access to 1mg pills my doctor wont prescribe anything else. I'm down to 0.5mg currently but have been down to 0.25mg but i did stupid things like drink alcohol or take rescue doses but i am determined now to quit. I feel stable on 0.5mg currently my pdoc wants me to add celexa because she believe all my anxiety isnt just the benzo withdrawal but i dont know. i used to take klonopin for years but only as a as needed 1mg a week max thing but for the past 5 months ive been doing 1mg a day. I can't get a new doctor easily or anything other then the 1mg pills.

A inexpensive scale and a razor should allow you to do precise dosing even with your mg size. :thumbsup:

A inexpensive scale and a razor should allow you to do precise dosing even with your mg size. :thumbsup:

I havent thought of getting a scale do the pills weigh exactly 1mg or do fillers mess up the weight?

The pills will weigh MUCH more than 1 mg.  More like 150-200 mgs.  Lots of fillers and binders.  If were only 1 mg, it would be as small as a grain of sand.

Get the Gemini-20, a razor blade and start tapering. Step onto the roller coaster, strap yourself down and ride away. Be prepared for feelings like you've never felt before. Things will taste different at times, things will feel different to the touch at times and your mind will think things at times. Some are scary, some can be manageable. Good luck my friend!!