Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Anyone else feel this way?

[Tw...]

So besides other withdrawal symptoms I've been having, I now am super out of energy most the day and I have this weird restless feeling that I want to be doing something but I don't want to do anything if that makes sense. It's my day off work and I've been to the dog park and had a hike but I still feel guilty laying around. Currently that's all I feel like doing. Very numb and bleak. I also have the memory of a goldfish. It's scary sometimes, I'll just forget what I was supposed to be doing after just thinking it. Just wondering someone can relate?

I see that you are in a taper. I had similar symptoms when I tapered off ativan. It seemed that for a moment my brain was ready and willing to move forward with some activity, my body and deeper thoughts were not. It was quite an odd feeling to both feel bored and restless but also ready to go do something.

I had a huge fear of going far from home though, so it was very annoying. Eventually it all leveled out closer to the jump point. Where mind and body were both ready to go.

Hang in there!

I still have the restless feeling, during some days at the end of the taper it was insane. I just... had to do stuff, and while doing those things I saw more things to do, and while I did them, I forgot what I had been doing before.

The "funniest" thing I remember was standing with 4 different items (like a pen, t-shirt, sandwich and one more I forgot) and no idea what I was doing and why. I dropped everything on the floor and took a break lol.

I think this falls in the restlessness, racing thoughts + amnesia symptom group.

Keep on, it will get better!