Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Symptom returns after i thought it was gone for good. Is this normal?

[Sp...]

For the last two months i have had a symptom almost completely resolve, and there was no real sign of it coming back, so i was starting to be quietly optimistic that it had gone for good. Then after a two month window of it being almost completely gone, it yesterday came back with avengance, and is now worse than ever (as bad if not worse than over a year ago when i jumped), and it almost feels that no healing has taken place? Is this normal? Is it common? I feel i was making a lot of progress and had really turned a corner with this symptom, and felt it was almost a thing of the past, for it to come back worse than ever. It is so frustrating. How can healing work this way? The symptom was genital anaesthesia and anorgasmia (pleasureless orgasms).

This has happened to me as well. I find myself overcome with Paraesthesiae throughout my body. In fact, this seems like a new symptom to me because instead of the focus of this sensation being centered in my chest and arms, it seems to have spread to my feet now. Very strange. Symptoms do come and go, however all the time.

I was looking at the Ashton manual about my sxs and came across a table of various patient's declining and decreasing symptoms over a period of 0, 4, and 8 weeks. It's crazy how random all of these can be.

That being said, during protracted withdrawal the best course of action is to eat a very well balanced and nutritionally sound diet to avoid setting off some of these sxs to an unmanageable level. Long walks are encouraged too. Something I heard about the other day which I'm optimistic about is busying yourself with various tasks that are easy and moderately enjoyable to do. This way you get the combined benefit of both limited exercise/bloodflow and the retraining of your neural pathways.

I'm engaging in these steps and while there are setbacks which defy all common sense, each time I notice a lower intensity of these lingering symptoms overall. Good luck.   

Thanks for the response guys. I understand this is probably just a bad wave i need to ride out, but i cant believe this symptom was almost completely gone for about two months, for it to randomly come back with such avengance after all this time.

I take your point about diet and exercise nonsense jones, a real way to help recovery i believe.