Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

For those with RLS (Akathisia) Offering Relief.

[wo...]

I am having a little trouble with that for opiate withdrawal.  I was lucky that I never had it after over seven years of xanax.  I have been using opiates periodically with the most discipline I can muster.  I knew it was a slippery slope using them to curb the razor sharp anxiety that sears your inner core.  But it was a calculated risk.  I eased off my second cold turkey benzo with the opiates with a predictable outcome. 

Well in all of the digging and reading I have been doing I have found several ways that Do work on this most dreaded symptom.  I feel I should share this in hopes it alleviates  some of you from the hell of nightly RLS.  Last night about 36 hours after my last tapering dose from the opiate I felt the onset of rls. I ate a banana and a baked potato.  Yes, surprisingly I have an appetite even coming off opiods.  I had absolutely no hint of the rls!!!  It seems that potassium can help or in my case eliminate it. 

However I did not wait to see how long it kept it abated it.  Three hours later I took a small dose of gabapentin just for safe measure so it did not return in the m,iddle of the night. 

I have passed this along before, but for what its worth look up some of these seemingly too good to be true remedies.  .