Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

in killer physical pain

[wa...]

I have what is probably a torn rotator cuff and resorted to some oxy from previous sinus surgery which I hate due to nausea and the advil doesn't seem to help.  I am sure they will RX Soma or something for the spasm.  Is this a total no for w/d? - the Soma?

The pain is so terrible and I am already barely sleeping.  I don't even know how I will get through xrays.  I've got a bunch of other painful conditions, too but this shoulder is the worst.  Will this agony end?  WBB

I didn't know lunesta was a benzo but if you're tapering I doubt a small dose of a painkiller would hurt. I needed Percocet but stopped because it made my pain worse. Also hate Percocet. We need to sleep if possible. If it's a muscle pain I find gabapentin works great, well usually, and it's not a narcotic. I find I can take it as needed. Also makes me a bit drowsy at night so helps with sleep. B

Hi BBarb - Yep - may Z drugs: Lunesta, Ambien are just barely different than benzos and have their own hellish tolerance sxs and w/d.  I didn't want to believe it but it's true.  3mg Lunesta= 10mgs Valium according to Ashton.

Perhaps some of this muscle spasm is part of my w/d since I am almost off the stuff.  It was triggered by carrying too many groceries and too much typing in bed.  Hah -- I can't believe how much pain I'm in.  Now, I will have to taper the oxy again.  Tolerance on that now in just 2 days.  Yikes.  WBB