Important Survey - Please Participate ×

in killer physical pain

[wa...]

I have what is probably a torn rotator cuff and resorted to some oxy from previous sinus surgery which I hate due to nausea and the advil doesn't seem to help.  I am sure they will RX Soma or something for the spasm.  Is this a total no for w/d? - the Soma?

The pain is so terrible and I am already barely sleeping.  I don't even know how I will get through xrays.  I've got a bunch of other painful conditions, too but this shoulder is the worst.  Will this agony end?  WBB

I didn't know lunesta was a benzo but if you're tapering I doubt a small dose of a painkiller would hurt. I needed Percocet but stopped because it made my pain worse. Also hate Percocet. We need to sleep if possible. If it's a muscle pain I find gabapentin works great, well usually, and it's not a narcotic. I find I can take it as needed. Also makes me a bit drowsy at night so helps with sleep. B

Hi BBarb - Yep - may Z drugs: Lunesta, Ambien are just barely different than benzos and have their own hellish tolerance sxs and w/d.  I didn't want to believe it but it's true.  3mg Lunesta= 10mgs Valium according to Ashton.

Perhaps some of this muscle spasm is part of my w/d since I am almost off the stuff.  It was triggered by carrying too many groceries and too much typing in bed.  Hah -- I can't believe how much pain I'm in.  Now, I will have to taper the oxy again.  Tolerance on that now in just 2 days.  Yikes.  WBB