Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

How much weight

[re...]

I have invented a diet plan called the one meal a day diet. I can have anything I want but only one time a day. Also called the cigarette diet which is everytime I feel hungry I light a cigarette. I know people reading this are thinking he must be crazy that is the most unhealthy diet ever created. I know I should eat smaller meals and exercise but I never get motivated to do it. I have lost 25 lbs and I want to lose 10-15 more. Whenever I was taking pills I kept gaining kept gaining etc. I would try to exercise or eat right but it never worked. I kept buying new cloths because the old ones no longer fit. I'm glad I held onto those cloths because now I'm fitting into them again.

This is the one symptom of this disaster that I feel good about. I have so much negativity with all the other symptoms. I so badly wish I was never born. Boredom and depression everyday..

I know what you are saying about losing too much weight but I do think you should be able to up the number of calories you are taking in. When I was much younger I wanted to gain weight so I drank milkshakes everyday. I totally regret doing that because I believe those pounds are still on my body. I know this thing will supress appetite. I know that milkshakes are sweet and you probably don't want to intake the sugar.

I have to force myself to not eat and you need to force yourself too eat. If your weight loss is alarming then what difference does sugar make. I obviously am making unhealthy decisions so I lose weight, you may have to make a few to maintain it  or gain it. Is it more unhealthy to eat some junk food or to be too thin from benzo WD.

I remember you (or somebody) posted about his before and a lot of people were telling you healthy things to do to gain weight. Obviously that is not working.  it is hot as hell in NC where I live, a little ice cream could do wonders. I wish I had your problem I am starving and cranky all the time. I would love to have a sundae or a milkshake right now. Good luck reba 123456.

Yes, Davis we're on to you! We KNOW you are crazy!  ;D (Just teasing) :smitten: :smitten:

I lost 25 lbs!! And then I got my appetite back and gained it all back. Now I want to lose 15 of those lbs.  :P

The good news, reba is it's a lot more fun putting it back on once your appetite returns!    >:D

I lost 100 lbs over the course of my taper and a couple of months after. My nausea was really, really severe. There were about 2 months when I could only keep down one of those little ensure protein shakes per day.  :-[ I remember the day withdrawal started because I had no idea that's what it was. I thought I had food poisoning lol

Hi reba123456, Laura2015 makes a good point. They have those ensure drinks that have a lot of calories. Maybe that could help you intake a lot of calories and maintain or gain weight. I am not sure why I did not think of that.

Have you gained or lost during this hell?

I've lost a total of 33 lbs.  it's scary.

I lost a lot (about 15 pounds), gained a lot (10 pounds), lost it... now I have my old weight back and I am feeling good. Hold on!

Perhaps you can drink those protein caloric drinks that cancer patients are given? These saved my life.. And I had food in every room (even the bathroom) so that I ate some spoons full any 30 minutes.

Any kind of mush/pap is good as well, everything they give old people to get weight!

Its not funny but you will survive and feel better, for real!

Hi reba123456, Laura2015 makes a good point. They have those ensure drinks that have a lot of calories. Maybe that could help you intake a lot of calories and maintain or gain weight. I am not sure why I did not think of that.

The only thing to think about is the sugar content in these drinks.

I lost 100 lbs over the course of my taper and a couple of months after. My nausea was really, really severe. There were about 2 months when I could only keep down one of those little ensure protein shakes per day.  :-[ I remember the day withdrawal started because I had no idea that's what it was. I thought I had food poisoning lol

So sorry, Laura. I know how it goes. I was throwing up when I had nothing to throw up! It's awful. 

This time last year, I weighed 170lbs. ( a bit too heavy for me)  I am 5'6".    I detoxed off all opiates last October, and finished my Klonopin taper this past January.    I weighed myself this morning, and I am 126lbs, so I've lost 44lbs in less than one year from getting off both. I have lost a tremendous amount of hair as well,  and many people ask if I have cancer.  :'(

This time last year, I weighed 170lbs. ( a bit too heavy for me)  I am 5'6".    I detoxed off all opiates last October, and finished my Klonopin taper this past January.    I weighed myself this morning, and I am 126lbs, so I've lost 44lbs in less than one year from getting off both. I have lost a tremendous amount of hair as well,  and many people ask if I have cancer.  :'(

Awww. I'm sorry livestrong  :( This makes me sad, too. It's only temporary. They say it grows back (the hair). I'm counting on it! My hair is thinning, as well. My hairbrush has more hair! It will just take some time. Be patient with yourself, and I will try to do the same.

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Have you gained or lost during this hell?

I've lost a total of 33 lbs.  it's scary.

I'm 5'0. I've lost approx. 10 pounds, and have yet to put it back on. I'm currently at 119, and have been there for a couple of months. I was afraid when I lost so much so fast, but I'm getting comfortable with this weight, I just don't want to lose anymore.

I'm loosing hair also, I find it all over the house.  I know how you feel, mine could be hormonal also but it's very disheartening.  ((hugs)).