Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Can not get motivated

[je...]

I just moved across the country and have so much to unpack and I am NOT motivated at all. I feel tired all the time and its getting frustrating. Feel like I have to drag myself to do anything. Mornings are horrible and it takes awhile to get going. The heart stuff just adds to the anxiety....either racing heart in the morning, skipped and flip flops through the day - dizzy and disoriented. I know you all can relate to this. I actually was watching tv at night and the faces on the screen looked like they were cut off and the ceiling looked like ripples of waves. Very weird what my eyes are seeing. Nothing seems clear or sharp, eyes feel heavy all the time, brain fog and concentration issues. I know I am ranting but sometimes I feel I just need to. Many fears are holding me back and I never used to be afraid of things, always loved loud music and now I can't tolerate sound or that matter light! I go into stores and the lighting in the stores disorient me. Anyone else with that? I had it for years and years and could not figure it out.

Please tell me you feel normal again when the brain heals...

Liz

Maybe the stress of moving? It's really hard to get motivated when so much is happening. Maybe try to relax and just not worry about it. And visual and light sensitivity are pretty common. My doctor has fluorescent lights and I wear my sunglasses. I often wear them into stores assuming I can get into stores. Oddly glare is worse for me than sun so I feel a tad stupid with sunglasses on dismal days but I use them anyway. If the tv goes funny on me I watch it with my sunglasses too. I'm sure it's the drugs. At least mostly the drugs. Never, ever could tolerate fluorescent lights. Pre benzos. B