Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Boredom

[Ka...]

Before this journey l always kept busy and had plenty of things to do that l enjoyed but now l just can't be bothered consequently l am suffering with boredom does anyone know if this is a withdrawal symptom..... Thank's

Before this journey l always kept busy and had plenty of things to do that l enjoyed but now l just can't be bothered consequently l am suffering with boredom does anyone know if this is a withdrawal symptom..... Thank's

Me too.  There is nothing you can do though.  This is the hardest thing.  I have the same issues

I would say it's definitely part of the wd process,  as like you I had  a very  busy life before wd, and also like yourself have had to deal with other serious illness and surgery after a heart attack,  but to be honest felt too unwell and my brain  non motivated on this long journey to allow any room for the luxury of actually feeling bored as this whole wd experience can sometimes rob us of the pleasure, or interest,  of things we would normally enjoy, so apathy often sets in, and no matter how hard we try to distract with various doings or try to keep positive, it can be difficult to keep motivation going when you're feeling so ill day in day out, but am pleased to say it does get easier in time as we get further into recovery and the ability to enjoy, and even participate, returns. :):thumbsup:

Hi KatrinaG, I am bored all the time now. I like you had a busy life working, hanging out with friends and family. I lived with my GF for 12 years but in January we split up. It is the first time in my life I have lived alone and it gets super boring. I wish I could feel motivated. I have been trying hard to motivate myself and it seems impossible. I have been going out as much as possible but that is hard to, it is so hot right now.

So I guess we are all into this thing together. Bored and boring.

Sorry?????? are you all kidding??

THERE IS ALWAYS SOMETHING YOU CAN DO!!!

Even without any power in your body and with the hardest pain you can do something. Its your choice, do you want to let this listlessness become chef of your life or not. There are many buddies suffering out there and they build up their lives no matter what so please. Stop complaining about boredom?!! Even bed-ridden people are still able to do things!!!

Learn a new language, up style yourself/your house/your garden, learn to cook, learn to write/paint/whatever, read something, make a 1-year-plan how to get fit physically, train your body for 2 or 3 minutes, make a walk, talk to a friend, tinker, crosswords, planting a flower, dog-sitting, honorary office, muck out closets, meditate, clean, dance, hobby, support others here on bb, help someone in the neighborhood who needs help, discover new things on youtube, take pictures of something nice, --- http://www.notsoboringlife.com/list-of-hobbies/

If boredom really is the main problem you may easily help yourself.

Marigold

Even without any power in your body and with the hardest pain you can do something. Its your choice, do you want to let this listlessness become chef of your life or not. There are many buddies suffering out there and they build up their lives no matter what so please. Stop complaining about boredom?!! Even bed-ridden people are still able to do things!!!

Learn a new language, up style yourself/your house/your garden, learn to cook, learn to write/paint/whatever, read something, make a 1-year-plan how to get fit physically, train your body for 2 or 3 minutes, make a walk, talk to a friend, tinker, crosswords, planting a flower, dog-sitting, honorary office, muck out closets, meditate, clean, dance, hobby, support others here on bb, help someone in the neighborhood who needs help, discover new things on youtube, take pictures of something nice, --- http://www.notsoboringlife.com/list-of-hobbies/

Marigold

Marigold, I've said it before.  I love your attitude!

:smitten:

She

Well l for one Does'nt like your attitude who are you the how to get well police for me it is NOT the only symptom l have but an annoying one all the same, yes l did a lot of those thing's you suggested but now l am finding it difficult to connect again so if you know nothing about this very unpleasant symptom l suggest you keep your opinion's to yourself

I agree. I think it's flippant, arrogant and insensitive.

There are also sometimes reasons why a person isn't capable of doing or even trying a long list of different things.

I have to jump on the bandwagon here. I got exhausted just reading that post! No offense, but not everyone is in this 'stage' of w/d yet. I'll be so glad when I am! As for now, I guess boredom is to be expected as a part of w/d. I hope it helps, Katrina, to know you are not alone in this! Not even a little. Boredom has been a biggie for me, as well.

Hang in there! We WILL get there and we will get our energy and motivation back.....~CeCe    :mybuddy:

yea, we all know the upbeat optimistic path we should follow all the time, but once in a while we all say I want he hell out of this club!

OK I said it back to healing.

yea, we all know the upbeat optimistic path we should follow all the time, but once in a while we all say I want he hell out of this club!

OK I said it back to healing.

:) :) :)

Ill jump in in this also.  I agree that message made my head spin.  The big reason for being bored is because we're sick and wnen you're sick,  it's almost impossible to achieve anything.  Anyways alot of the things said would be boring to me if i was 100%  i find crying to help more than anything. ....

Marigold

:laugh:    This is Gold.

Well l for one Does'nt like your attitude who are you the how to get well police for me it is NOT the only symptom l have but an annoying one all the same, yes l did a lot of those thing's you suggested but now l am finding it difficult to connect again so if you know nothing about this very unpleasant symptom l suggest you keep your opinion's to yourself

This is true also. I definitely felt a lot more boredom during withdrawal and this is because you simply can't force yourself into doing anything. You just lose interest unto the point you can only lay in bed all day. There's really not much of a choice when you're in withdrawal and suffering. You just lose all interest due to depression.

Hi Katrina,

funny that you think I don't know what you are talking about.

I have been very sick, bed-ridden for years, I know what a major depression feels like, and my taper lasted 5 years in which I felt pure acute like, so yep - of course I know how it feels when nothing is fulfilling any more and everything you do is just for doing something, not for enjoying. I can understand your reaction to my words - I reacted the same way when I was told this years before and I was thinking "what the hell is this person telling me :idiot:????" Then I learned how to deal with it, and it was pure decision making what to do with my time, even while laying in bed all the time.

I remembered your topic to your lack of motivation and got the impression that this is your main problem now - and I thought there are lots of things you can do to deal with that.

Marigold

Hi Marigold, Perhaps emotion's are running high at the moment.... It just annoyed me when you suggested l was just sitting around and not trying to do anything, like everyone on here does, l was just asking if anyone felt the same.        Katrina

Hi Marigold, Perhaps emotion's are running high at the moment.... It just annoyed me when you suggested l was just sitting around and not trying to do anything, like everyone on here does, l was just asking if anyone felt the same.        Katrina

Hey Katarina,

no problem! A little explosion can be helpful from time to time :)

Hug,

Marigold

I remember in high school, when in english class, somebody was complaining that "english is boring" and the old school teacher said, "english is not boring, you are boring".. that was deep stuff!