Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Heart stuff anyone?

[je...]

I did my cut this past Wed, and got 3 weeks to go till I am finished!  :thumbs:

Question is, did anyone have any heart palps? Flopping and skipped beats toward the end? They are scary, as they take my breath away and feel lightheaded. I had them on and off while on the bentos, and had heart monitor in the past and EKG and echo and everything seemed fine than, but they are more frequent as I get closer to being off the klonopin. This is wicked stuff!!

I would think its would get easier at the end as the body is adjusting more to the lower dose....or am I wrong?

Thanks!

Liz

Question is, did anyone have any heart palps? Flopping and skipped beats toward the end? They are scary, as they take my breath away and feel lightheaded. I had them on and off while on the bentos, and had heart monitor in the past and EKG and echo and everything seemed fine than, but they are more frequent as I get closer to being off the klonopin. This is wicked stuff!!

I would think its would get easier at the end as the body is adjusting more to the lower dose....or am I wrong?

Thanks!

Liz

I get these, sounds like you've followed up, so try to let it go.

They are horrible, and scary! I think the scariest symptoms are these. I can deal with the other ones some what better. It feels as though your heart is flopping all in there....I don;t know if its a sensation, or the heart is really working hard.

Thanks!

Liz

The heart stuff typically calms down the farther out you are from taking benzos.

Please make a signature so we can see where you're at, please.

Heart stuff is always scary but for almost everyone it's the withdrawal. My hearts feels sometimes like its shuddering. Very odd feeling and scared me but Claire Weekes talks of this in her book and apparently it's absolutely nothing to worry about. Honestly very creepy though. I love Claire Weekes. Seems so kind hearted, understanding and a real pioneer of her time. So many books today are nothing more than her words put differently. Sad she's gone now. B

The heart stuff is scary but almost always benign. I went through the whole drill with a cardiologist with my problems and we had a discussion. He assured me that singular pvcs are almost never a problem. You need to have strings of skipped beats together or a huge number before they even really look at it closely. Even then, you would need to have a blockage associated with it to be a really big deal. You also need to consider that there are some people who have a pvc every other heart beat. Fortunately, for these people, they don't actually feel it or they would probably lose their minds  :crazy:. If skipped beats are really bothersome, beta blockers are an option. Good Luck  :thumbsup:.

• 2 weeks later...

Im getting the racing so bad I cant sleep. Having the whole heart workup, so far all is good. I updosed a little and am holding, 5 days now  and its not getting any better.

I am getting beta blocker but I am scared now will I have this the whole taper?? I am going real slow, titration .01mg per day

Also had to go off bcp ct