Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Question for Valium/diazepam peeps

[so...]

I did every week, did a hold of 5 mg for 3 weeks (didn't feel too good and had to wait for my doctor to come back from holidays to give me 2mg tablets), then every week again.

In the end I did the 1 mg for 9 days, the 0.75 mg for 8 days and the 0.5 mg just 5 days, as I wanted to get off. I had trouble stabilizing at the low doses, and just pushed through.

It's a bit about balance between making progress and not feeling too bad.

I'm holding for awhile now because my dr is away.  For me I think 10% every 7-10 days is most likely a good general plan. I can probably get away with 1 mg every 10 days at the higher doses. Not sure until I try though.

Doc reduced my prescription by 2 mg per month but I had an extra prescription so I've been able to reduce by 1 mg every two weeks instead of the monthly 2 mg jumps that he thinks I've been doing. Same end result but a little gentler. So far so good!

In glad others are reducing quite fast too. I was told in an online support group that I was going too fast and that sent my anxiety off. I'm currently reducing .5 every two weeks

I'm trying .5 cuts every five days. Not drastically high. Find what's comfortable for you and maybe stick with that. Some prefer fast and do very well. Others slower. The only time I regret (other than switching to Valium in the first place) was when I did a hold. They are good for some, others not so good. Listen to your body and do what feels right is the best I think. Everyone has a different method but with then end result hopefully the same. Benzo free!!!  :thumbsup: B