Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Buzzing head...is that normal?

[Du...]

Hey there,

I stopt oxazepam just 3 weeks ago. When a took 10 mg a day i noticed a stang buzzing sound in my head. Hard to discribe, but it is like bees flying over and over or something like a electrical sound. It makes my crazy all day and night. It's hard to fall a sleep and when I wake up, its there early in the morning and stays the rest of the day. Has anyone experienced this too? How long will this last.....i can hardly bar it!!! Please let my know!!!

Dutchy

The buzzing sound is due to the ability to hear the blood flow in your head.  I have had this w/d symptom since late July.  Fortunately it was one of numerous w/d effects.  It sounds like a balloon slowing deflating or a "hissing" sound.  Once the other w/d effects dissipate (and hopefully neither of you have as many as I had), you get used to the sound and I have read that it will eventually disappear. 

Hey there,

I stopt oxazepam just 3 weeks ago. When a took 10 mg a day i noticed a stang buzzing sound in my head. Hard to discribe, but it is like bees flying over and over or something like a electrical sound. It makes my crazy all day and night. It's hard to fall a sleep and when I wake up, its there early in the morning and stays the rest of the day. Has anyone experienced this too? How long will this last.....i can hardly bar it!!! Please let my know!!!

Dutchy

Brain zaps! Yes pretty common. I have them every day. Sometimes during daytime and most when I start to fall asleep  I have Valium. I did a pretty rapid taper not good at all because it end up in relapse because of w/d symptoms that made me crazy and suicidal,  but when in had 5 mg of Valium the zaps stopped. Now I am back on 15 mg and there they are. Sometimes like a buzz, sometimes like a loud bang scary but not dangerous.

They are scary and as u say hard to stand out with. Do u got tinnitus too?

Like I said they stopped when I was as low as 5 mg so I guess u will notice in a short time that they will be less and suddenly gone. I had this with SSRI as well. I think it is the chemistry of serotonin and dopamin that do this. Sparkle in the brain or something...

Well said sundanceshaman: sparkle in the brain! It seems likes that. I call it a sound of bees in my head who are constantly buzzing. You're talking about brain zaps. I thought that are eclectic shocks. I do not experience that. I hear a constant noise. Are we talking about the same? Are brain zaps also constantly?  I thought they occasionally happen but not all of the time 24/7.

I don't know if i have tinnitus.......perhaps........i don't hope so!!! I did not had it before a too oxazepam.  Still hoping that the sound fades away.

I wish you good luck with your taper!!!! Always good to listen to the body and mind when the taper is too fast!!!!! I think my taper was also far too fast......this is the result :(

But there is no way back. I'm done with the benzo! What a shit in my head!

Well said sundanceshaman: sparkle in the brain! It seems likes that. I call it a sound of bees in my head who are constantly buzzing. You're talking about brain zaps. I thought that are eclectic shocks. I do not experience that. I hear a constant noise. Are we talking about the same? Are brain zaps also constantly?  I thought they occasionally happen but not all of the time 24/7.

I don't know if i have tinnitus.......perhaps........i don't hope so!!! I did not had it before a too oxazepam.  Still hoping that the sound fades away.

I wish you good luck with your taper!!!! Always good to listen to the body and mind when the taper is too fast!!!!! I think my taper was also far too fast......this is the result :(

But there is no way back. I'm done with the benzo! What a shit in my head!

Brain zaps is like an electric thing in your brain. When I m not stable I have it alot. It is scary I can sometimes hear like loud bangs also and them scared me...My tinnitus drives me nuts. I hear it all the time!

Read this link....http://mentalhealthdaily.com/2014/11/29/brain-zaps-causes-treatments-for-electrical-shock-sensations/

Well, i don't think i have brain zaps...............so it will be tinnitus?!?!

That scares my too!!!! Difficult to handle at this moment (1 month off). Hope it fades..........but I am losing hope. It terrible since I taped from 10 mg to none!! But we should be hopeful, I know! Do you have tinnitus before your use or did it also appears during use?  For the night I use rainforest sounds.....it helps the get into sleep (for a few hours  :() and during the day I also need this sound a lot when it is so loud. Tinnitus is a bad present after our journey to no bento.

Well, i don't think i have brain zaps...............so it will be tinnitus?!?!

That scares my too!!!! Difficult to handle at this moment (1 month off). Hope it fades..........but I am losing hope. It terrible since I taped from 10 mg to none!! But we should be hopeful, I know! Do you have tinnitus before your use or did it also appears during use?  For the night I use rainforest sounds.....it helps the get into sleep (for a few hours  :() and during the day I also need this sound a lot when it is so loud. Tinnitus is a bad present after our journey to no bento.

No tinnitus before my benzo use. And I have use Valium for 4 years. It is there all the time. In my left ear. More if I am under stress. It become less intensive during taper. But the brain zaps i scary like hell. Last night I got loud bangs every time I was falling aslepp....Hate this poision  :tickedoff:

• 3 months later...

There it was, I've been searching all day for this symptom, finally I found the 🐝 beekeeper  :thumbsup:

I'm having this big time to day for the first time, and you describe it perfectly, buzzing bees.

Do you still have it? And for how long?

I have it on bad days.. I always know it will be a rough day because I wake up with it..  The sound/sensation pulses with my heartbeat ...