Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Could lack of rest be causing a slower healing rate?

[Re...]

I been thinking I haven't slept a full 8 hours except for two nights in the months I been off benzos. I am somewhat sleep deprived. I know most everyone on here is. How much of this is causing some of our symptoms or magnifying them?

I am about to start smoking pounds of weed every night some can get a full nights sleep. Not really , but seriously am considering it. Someone pointed out my lack of sleep to me tonight and it is really sinking in right now.

Thanks

Remy

Absolutely, I think good sleep is critical for our healing. I think we will still continue to heal although we may not make as much progress as we could if we were well rested.

It's very frustrating when we can't sleep. Believe me, I know! I'm not sleeping right now! Argh!

Sleep for me is one of my biggest issues during w/d. As to healing, I don't know if it affects it or not, but it sure does feel like it! My whole outlook is different if I've had some good rest and sleep. I become more positive and feel better mentally and physically....I've tried many, many things that I have previously posted in this forum, but some nights it just seems nothing works. Other nights I have no problem. I cherish the rare nights without any problem, but they seem to come to me after a couple of nights without sleep. I'm still working on finding out what works best for me.....it's a work in progress.

Sleep disturbances probably cause the most distress of any symptoms, all of which are distressing.  Letting go of the anxiety and following the "sleep hygiene" guidance is all we as individuals can do, until we heal.  My sleep has improved but is very much unsettled and broken into chunks. Did you have sleep problems before Benzo's? I did, and I know now that I can't expect to get a good night's sleep AFTER Discontinuation, since I didn't have it BEFORE Benzo's!!!  Rough, huh?

Do the best you can and know you are not awake AND alone!!

Yes! I know when  cold turkeyed, before Detox, I got zero sleep for 2 and a half months. I stayed sick and had hallucinations. I had zero touch with reality and was insanely miserable. I'm pretty miserable now, but nothing like when I wasn't getting regular sleep. I had to reinstate at that point. That sucked. Once I went into Detox, I was given Remeron for sleep. I couldn't have made it this far if not for that.

I been thinking I haven't slept a full 8 hours except for two nights in the months I been off benzos. I am somewhat sleep deprived. I know most everyone on here is. How much of this is causing some of our symptoms or magnifying them?

I am about to start smoking pounds of weed every night some can get a full nights sleep. Not really , but seriously am considering it. Someone pointed out my lack of sleep to me tonight and it is really sinking in right now.

Thanks

Remy

I was fearful marijuana would bring on anxiety, but tried it again about 3 months ago to see if it would help with sleep.  It does, a lot.  I went from multiple wakings, to now getting around 7 hours.  I also tried CBD oil, but that wasn't as helpful, FYI.  I get an indica strain, so it makes me sleepy/relaxed vs. "heady".  IMO, certainly worth trying if you have access, before resorting to pharmaceuticals or continuing on with sleepless nights.

Good luck,

WR

Thanks

Remy

I was fearful marijuana would bring on anxiety, but tried it again about 3 months ago to see if it would help with sleep.  It does, a lot.  I went from multiple wakings, to now getting around 7 hours.  I also tried CBD oil, but that wasn't as helpful, FYI.  I get an indica strain, so it makes me sleepy/relaxed vs. "heady".  IMO, certainly worth trying if you have access, before resorting to pharmaceuticals or continuing on with sleepless nights.

Good luck,

WR

Yeah i am afraid it will make me more obsessive. I have never been that obsessive of a person and this month it has been crazy. I actually bought some high cbd low thc hash oil that is a indica . For my muscle pain,but have been to afraid to try it. I haven't taken any supplements or medication since jumping .

During my taper I would use indica to help me sleep I suppose it should be safe. Yet having that fear of trying it sometimes creates a anxiety after smoking because you search for anything out of the ordinary . My main issues is waking up randomly multiple times throughout the night. I am not sure if weed can help with that? Do you sleep through the night ?

If my muscle pain gets unbearable again . There is no doubt in my mind I will be breaking the emergency glass for that hash oil. I guess I could always work my way up with that hash oil since its low in thc.

The only time I have had anxiety issues from mj was with sativas or overdoing it with edibles.

Hi.  During acute I'd wake a few times a night with chemical anxiety/adrenaline.  I'd keep mj by my bed, vape when I woke, fall back to sleep.  It wasn't ideal of course vaping mj throughout the night  :P, but I slept.  If I took an edible before bed during that time, I could usually sleep through the night. Now I use mj to fall asleep mostly.  I also use hash oil, which doesn't seem quite as effective as flower for sleeping, but also works. 

Take care,

WR

I think healing and sleep goes hand in hand. The the more we heal the better we will sleep.

Not sure there is much we can do about it.

Taking other drugs or supplements changes your brain and I am not sure if that is a good thing.

The best thing is just to wait it out.