Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

You all know how it feels

[in...]

I'm in a wave at 8 months out. This wave isn't nearly as bad as I'm used to but I just don't feel grateful or motivated to take care of myself like I did the past few months. If anything, I'm feeling the best I've felt this whole time but I just don't want to do anything. I wish I could disappear until this is over. All I've done this week is go to work and come home, listen to the radio and lay on the floor until I go to bed. I feel like someone has dimmed my brain. I'm hungry all the time and eating poorly. I'm having low self esteem and feel like I don't have a good enough excuse to be acting like this. I feel like a loser. I don't know what to do anymore. it feels too hard to be proactive.

I'm sorry u feel this way. I've been unemployed for years because of benzos. U should be proud that u are working, and free of benzos.

I felt a lot of relief at 11-12 mos out..

This sounds very familiar...and it will pass.  In the meantime you might jumpstart getting out of it by getting up tomorrow morning and making yourself have a good breakfast...eating poorly will exacerbate depression and blahs.  Call a friend, even if you don't want to, or go for a walk.  Sounds trite, but it works.