Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

BOWELS/STOMACH

[Ta...]

WELL FOR MY BEAUTIFUL FAMILY

View Profile

Personal Message (Online)

BOWELS/STOMACH

« on: September 08, 2016, 10:50:32 am »

Modify

Remove

Hi everyone.

I'm close to six months out and I'm still experiencing loose bowels every day along with all the other life sucking symptoms.

Just wondering if anyone else suffered with this symptom.  I'm becoming very drained and losing a lot

of weight.  If so how long did it last and what did you take to ease it.  This journey of healing is

just PURE HELL.

I'm scared I'm never going to heal.  Is 6 months classed as early days????

I just need a glimpse of wellness.

Healing love to all.

Tallow

Hello Tallow Love

Have you had this checked by your doctor, just to rule out other causes.  I suffered with irritable bowel syndrome, had no control sometimes, very embarrassing!  Stomach problems...nauseous  and sometimes very painful cramps, had all the symptoms of IBS, thanks to benzo's!!!

I don't have it today, withdrawal symptoms can take a long time to settle down and heal...but they will eventually so hang in there.  Eat healthy, exercise a little if your able, walking if you can.  I am sure you will start to feel better soon.

I know 6 months is a long time, its normal, you are on the right path and it will get better.  Stay positive,  life wont always be this way, I promise you

Magrita :smitten:

During acute I did nothing but shit liquid, lol.  I am coming up on 2 months and currently my stool is a little bit loose, but not all the time.

Thanks for your replies guys.

Well it look like it's going to take a while to settle.  It's great to hear that yours settled down Magarita.  Looks like there is hope for me after all.  Not on any supplements Ferggie.  Trying to eat healthy but sometimes it's hard to eat at all when the bowels flare up.  I didn't realise how unwell you can feel when your stomach and bowels aren't working properly.  Revellion I hope yours settle down soon.

This sure is a slow journey.

Trying to stay positive but sometimes it gets out of control.

How long did it take you to feel well Magrita?

I so wish I was through this.

Tallow

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I just had a tough go with your very condition and I basically cut out all refined sugar and significantly cut down on carbs. Cutting those two things have helped a lot. I think that a lot of the problem may be related to over activation of the sympathetic nervous system. Basically, I would just try and treat it like a (hopefully) temporary IBS problem. Good Luck.