Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Is muscle loss a given? Feeling less solid these days

[wo...]

This is my second withdrawal.  Whether that plays into it or not, who knows.  But I am loosing muscle.  I feel like my skeletal system is more in "tune" with everything around me.  As if the lack of muscle and meat on me does not absorb any shock or impacts that I may encounter during the day. 

I was on xanax for seven solid years daily.  C/T almost four years ago.  Last Fall I picked back up and quit again May 12th of this year. 

So the question is. . . . . . How many of us loose muscle?

I gained 35 lb and lost all my muscle tone. I was very active before withdrawal, now totally not motivated. I keep saying I'll start working out tomorrow..

I usually go for 30 minute walks about 3 times a week.The walks seem to help tone up my lower body.

I need to start working on my upper body as well.

Do you have free weights at home?The free weights are good for the upper body. Kim

Yes.  I was totally back 100 percent.  I never gained my of my muscle back, but worked hard.  This second time had really taken the muscle off.  I am totally active and work when the work will yield enough cash to make it worth while.  A few hundred pounds of iron in basement.  I'm in and I'm out with workin out.

:laugh:

Yep..... Used to be an avid gym buff.  Since this started, my husband has reminded me

"YOU HAVE LOST YOUR NICE Azz"

:laugh::D:o::)

Funny, I lost mine as well. I'm doing squats everyday to try and get some of it back..lol. We shall see how this goes.

Same, was gym rat. Lost muscle tone been trying to get it back as I can. Gained 30 pounds in 6 weeks.

I've explained it as:

When looking close at a oil painting, you can see the textures of the paint. Once I went into tapering and finally c/t, it's like the artist took a rag with paint remover and smeared over the textures in the paint. The detail is gone. Motivation gone for now also.

I also feel like I have a layer of water/fat all over my body that I just noticed one day. Not sure when it appeared but it seem like overnight. I've been in a fog so who knows when it first showed up.