Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Vaping Ecig juice that contains Alcohol?

[Jo...]

Anyone have any thoughts on experience / thoughts on this? Apparently its used to carry flavor and the amount is very minimal. I finally found and ejuice that deont make me sick, but it contains a small amount of alcohol.

Im currently holding at 3mg of valuim during my taper.

Thanks

My husband is vaping as a way to quit smoking and it's been highly effective for that. None of the other 7000 chemicals to kill him. BUT there is absolutely zero alcohol in the oil. Never heard of that but if there was he'd find a different kind...there are hundreds. He doesn't have an issue with alcohol but he sure wouldn't Vape it. B

I am baking to quit sinking also. I am highly sensitive to pg and semi sensitive to vg and certain favors. I found this particular juice and I'm not sensitive to it at all and it enables me to not smoke real Ciggs. I'm thrilled to have found it. However I am nervous about the fact they do use alcohol in the flavor base because it might interfere with the taper or affect Gaba receptors in some way. I'm not using this juice because it has alcohol, I'm using it because I want to quit smoking. To be clear

Well if the alcohol is a very small amount I doubt it will hurt. Quitting smoking is pretty important. I'm trying to switch to vaping too. So if it's only used in the flavouring I wouldn't worry about it. Doubt it has as much alcohol as some mouthwashes. Go for it. I'd do better with my taper if I could quit the cigs and Vape but don't like the flavour my husband buys. Also he lost 2 of his vapour things so we need two more. Excuses, excuses but good for you. Quitting smoking is hard no matter how you do it. B

I found some weird study where they studied people who vaped e cigs with a alcohol flavor base and according to the study, peoples motor skills were affected although none of the test people detected feeling buzzed in any way. I just don't want my gaba receptors to be affected in any way during & after my taper.

Wish someone could chime in with some informed input.

Here's the link to the study.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/01/13/alcohol-in-e-cigarettes-can-affect-vapers-study.html

John maybe there aren't enough vapors on here to really know. I know some people drink non alcohol beer even though it has a bit of alcohol. Sometimes the odd real beer or glass of wine. Trouble is as a vapor it's much more continuous. But as uneducated as this is I still think your better off vaping than smoking. Your gaba receptors I imagine adjust but messing up our lungs? If you feel well during your taper then I'd Vape. I'm not going to give up trying. Alternatively maybe try another method of quitting. Wish I could be more helpful. Sorry.