Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Hermit the frog

[be...]

Reason: I am addicted to Diazepam

Type: Diazepam

Duration: 5 years

Present dose: Impossible to say (approx 300mg-600mg a week)

Taper: Not started

Nothing else to say just want a bit of advice and have somewhere to come to when I detox as I think it's going to be a rough ride and I'll be spending a lot of time indoors..hence the introduction title :L

Welcome to BenzoBuddies, Hermit the Frog.

Glad you've found your way here, it sounds like I don't need to tell you that's a dangerously high amount of Diazepam.  We're happy to do whatever we can to help support you through a taper.  As far as spending a lot of time indoors, maybe so...a lot of us have done just that.

Here are a couple of boards to look at and perhaps starting posting to:

General Taper Plans 

Withdrawal Support 

We highly recommend having a look at The Ashton Manual, which is an authoritative source on what to expect during withdrawal and recovery, authored by Dr. C. Heather Ashton who is an expert in the field. It provides a great deal of information that can be very reassuring during any stage of this process, including a list of common symptoms with helpful explanations on the reasons for their existence.

Please take some time to Create a Signature. This will help other members understand your history so they will be better able to support you.

Go to the top of the page and select Profile, then choose Forum Profile, insert drug history/timelines into the text box and click Change Profile.

~Challis

Firstly thanks for the quick reply and links. But just wanted to say wow you were on them for 31 years?! That alone gives me a lot of encouragement and is pretty inspiring to be honest because I know a lot of people that have been on them for 10, 15, 20 years and thought the brain would just be too mashed after all that GABA messing malarkey lol well done  :thumbsup:

On and off for 31 years, 25 of those years just a sleeping pill at night, until the last 10 years or so when trauma hit my life and I dropped the sleeping pill for the big gun, Xanax.  And yeah, the brain seems to be mostly functioning again these days.  My friends of the same age are no sharper than I am, anyway...not sure what that says about my friends!

:laugh: