Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Sleepy in the daytime but not at night

[br...]

This is new and totally weird. I feel drowsy in the morning after my low half doses of lexapro and ativan . If I read or watch the telly I nod off.(feels great )

Bedtime is a different story. As soon as my head hits the pillow, eyes open and unless I take half an ambien which I try not to do, I am up all night. Crazy. What is the best over the counter sleep aid. I can't take Melatonin and I hate taking even a low dose of Ambien although my doc says it is better than benzos, as it has such a short shelf life. I know the ashton manual says z drugs are a big no no

Could work. I would have to take the lexapro with it. I'm worried that the low doses of both meds won't work. Also my doc won't give me any more benzos, even to help with a taper. I have 9  1mg tabs left, which gives 18 days if I split them in half. My amnesia is pretty bad. Totally awake all night and feel like c--p the next day which stops me from at least trying to have some sort of healthy life style .

Did you mean insomnia instead of amnesia?  Its too bad your dr wont let you taper.  I take Remeron now for sleep.  It really helps. Im told it helps with withdrawals, too.  Maybe you can get this?

I'm really confused about where you are and where you are trying to get to--are you doing a rapid taper using Ativan? What happened to temazepam? If you could fill out your signature, that would be super helpful.