Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Updated signature. Some questions

[Ti...]

I am now benzo free.  I am currently taking 7.5 mg of remeron to help me sleep. Im wondering if this is a good idea.  I am not feeling  great.  I know im in acute period of coming off benzo though.  Any thoughts? 

You sound better Timmy so just my 2 cents but stay exactly where you are. Let the Remeron help you sleep and the Buspar do its job. Not feeling  great is a far cry from where you were. It's the beginning of actually feeling well. So if I were you do not expect to feel great immediately. That would be rare but let everyday be a better one from now on. Accept that you are finally recovering and rejoice in that thought. B

I am now benzo free.  I am currently taking 7.5 mg of remeron to help me sleep. Im wondering if this is a good idea.  I am not feeling  great.  I know im in acute period of coming off benzo though.  Any thoughts?

It is probably most likely from withdrawal. You are in the acute period. You said in another post that the Remeron is helping you sleep some. So that is a positive. You also said that you are already have good days, which to me is a true gift during the acute period. It took me some months to remotely have a "good day".

It is probably most likely from withdrawal. You are in the acute period. You said in another post that the Remeron is helping you sleep some. So that is a positive. You also said that you are already have good days, which to me is a true gift during the acute period. It took me some months to remotely have a "good day".

Thanks guys. Im just having alot of anxiety right now.  Its,so bad my heart hurts.  Also im stressing about the remeron because i heard its  just as,hard to get off of as a benzo.  I cant imagine that.  Im not in a good spot today.  Also had morning sickness this morning.  Not sure what that's about  but i seem normal at night.  Every night before bed i feel normal. 

Symptoms:

Anxiety

Neck aches

Tired muscles

[6e...]
Thanks guys. Im just having alot of anxiety right now.  Its,so bad my heart hurts.  Also im stressing about the remeron because i heard its  just as,hard to get off of as a benzo.  I cant imagine that.  Im not in a good spot today.  Also had morning sickness this morning.  Not sure what that's about  but i seem normal at night. Every night before bed i feel normal

Hi Timmy,

I know you feel bad now, but you seem to be making real progress.

Try not to think too far ahead about getting off Remeron - it is not always hard to taper off, especially for low-dose, short-term use. Like you, I took it during acute for insomnia. After I jumped, I tapered off within a couple of weeks, and my sleep has been returning steadily since I stopped the benzos.

It's also quite normal to feel much better in the evening, especially with depression - it's a good sign that you are having these two key types of relief: Better sleep and evening respite. Good for you!  :thumbsup:

Leslie

I hope so.  Really struggling today though to see the future. I went to the pool for about 30 minutes now im in my ruin watching TV and crying.  I know i can do this but it's brutal.  Normal ppl have no idea what we go through.

Timmyp, we're all here pulling for you.  Yes, it can be brutal but YES you can do this.  Stay strong.  Distract yourself as much as possible and wait for some time to pass.  Minute to minute, hour to hour.  Acute will pass and your symptoms will begin improving every day.  You will come out on the other side and get yourself and your life back!  Sending you good vibrations for the will to hang on until you get there.

:smitten:

She

Timmy this is normal. My mornings are rough but evenings usually feel very well. I'm on Remeron too and very few people have troubles getting off low doses...even high ones. Let it help you sleep Timmy. Right now that's the most important thing. Focus on "the Now" and not the future. I think you're doing well, so hang tight, and soon you'll be feeling better. Be greatful the Klonopin is gone. Everyone is rooting for you. Breathe! B

Thanks guys. Im just having alot of anxiety right now.  Its,so bad my heart hurts.  Also im stressing about the remeron because i heard its  just as,hard to get off of as a benzo.  I cant imagine that.  Im not in a good spot today.  Also had morning sickness this morning.  Not sure what that's about  but i seem normal at night.  Every night before bed i feel normal. 

Symptoms:

Anxiety

Neck aches

Tired muscles

Your depression is gone?

Symptoms:

Anxiety

Neck aches

Tired muscles

Your depression is gone?

Sorry rhats a given right now.  Depression is bad right now

Also severe agoraphobia

Why does agoraphobia go away at night?  Last night i was fine now im completely scared of everything and having chest pains.  I know the chest pains are fake because I've been through this before.  But my neck aching,  agiraphobia, depression is unbearable.  Please pray