Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

About pain?

[ti...]

I have been a chronic pain sufferer for over ten years.  Not even thinking about a perc taper right now.  I hear that pain is a symptom of wd. I am wondering if klonopin actually HELPS with pain relief.

Because if this is wd, then my pain will resume at its usual irrirating to disabling levels when Im "clean".  But if klonopin helped to ease the pain then I am going to have this elevated pain level forever?

As far as pain, I think it depends on the person.  I didn't have pain, per se.  Lots of misery, like a nightmare case of the flu, but not pain.  Muscle spasms can happen because benzodiazepines are muscle relaxers, and sometimes muscle spasms are painful.

If Klonopin has helped with pain, it's probably because of its muscle relaxation property.  If so, I'd ask the doc for something else or find another way to deal with muscle relaxation.

Benzodiazepines don't cure anything, their effects are only temporary, so pre-existing conditions can continue to be a problem.

no, not muscle spasms, just my usual pain amplified.

I am already taking Percocet and with the DEA rules I cant get a dose increase.

Any more pain would my life unliveable.

The pain mgmt. clinic wants to implant a devise in me so I think that's where I go next

Because the central nervous system is so irritated by the withdrawal of the benzodiazepine, all pains, small or large, are likely to be magnified.  Everything is magnified... little things feel huge, whether it be mental/emotional or physical, they are felt much stronger than you would usually feel them.  So the fact that you're feeling stronger pain right now doesn't mean you will when you're off the K and have had some time to heal.

But I know that doesn't help you right now.