Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Alternating Dosage To Balance Symptoms

[Et...]

Trying to get off 1 mg of Klonopin. Have been alternating doses to account for difficulty in cutting such small pills.

Day 1: 1 mg

Day 2: .75 mg

Day 3: 1 mg

Day 4: .75 mg

Day 5: 1 mg

Day 6: .75 mg

Day 7: .75 mg

Hold for a week.

Continue going down....

Got to .25 mg a day and stayed there for 4 days ... but withdrawal symptoms just went through the roof... The light-headed sensation is brutal.

Question: During my taper, is bumping back up a good or a terrible idea?

I felt so sick that I went back to .5mg today. Tomorrow: I'll go back to .25mg and try to stay there as long as I can.

The goal: to slowly get to zero.... Even if I need to bump up every once and awhile if things get too tough....

Perhaps I should try .375 tomorrow? Or go back to .25 and stay there as long as I can.

Looking for anybody who has had success alternating between doses to battle symptoms.

thank you!

E

It's better to keep a steady dose rather than going up and down.  Klonopin's long acting nature (2 weeks for startup, 2 weeks for withdrawal from a cut) makes the up and down dosing a poor strategy, I'm afraid.

Klonopin does come in a .5mg pill.  I'd ask my doctor to prescribe .5mg pills to help with cutting.  You may also want to think about using a pill cutter or even liquid titration to help with cutting your pills accurately.