Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Tapering off klonopin

[Ke...]

Hello!

I found this forum on an article about klonopin withdrawal and it's comments. I've been on 1 mg of klonopin 1-2 Times a day for about 5 months for anxiety. Initially, I was more conservative and would only take half or even 1/4 tablet per dose, but grew less afraid of it as my doctors spoke about it being very safe. There would be days I would take just a 1/4 pill, days I would take two whole ones, and days I wouldn't take any. I began to notice irritability and moodiness that was out of my character. After doing some research, I began suspecting I could have been experiencing withdrawals between doses.

My initial trigger for anxiety is no longer present and I would like to figure out a taper schedule that can minimize my discomfort. I already did two weeks on .5 mg 1x/ day and am on my second week of. 25Mg/ day. I am feeling a fair amount of discomfort and now realize I may have stepped down too quickly. Hoping to find some helpful experiences on these forums.

Hi  :) Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

I am glad you found us today.The recommended reduction rate is 5 to 10 percent every two weeks.

Other medications

You might like to check out The Ashton Manual it is an authoritative source on what to expect in withdrawal and recovery.  Dr. Ashton is an expert in the field. 

Please feel free to post to any of the dedicated boards, we have a wonderful community of people here, who will give sound advice. Members have been through all aspects of benzodiazepine use and withdrawal and are more than willing to share their experiences.

General Taper Plans

Withdrawal Support During Your Taper

Please take the time to Create a Signature.  This will allow others to see where you are in the process so they can better support you.

Again Welcome!  :smitten:

benzos-R-cruel