Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Hello again!

[bu...]

Hi everyone! I tapered off of 6 mg of clonazepan last year, and my dr gave me 100mg of Seroquel to use for insomnia. I started seeing a different doctor today, and she wants me to taper off seroquel starting tomorrow. Go down to 75 mg for a week, 50mg one week, and 25 for a week, and then jump off. I am wanting to get off of the seroquel, but I am worried that it's gonna be as bad if not worse as coming off clonazepan. Does anybody have any experience coming off of it, and can you tell me what it's like please? Is it as bad coming off of clonazepan? Help please, I'm scared :(

I don't have an answer for your question but I wanted to tell you that you're a champ for tapering off of that much Klono. Whatever the severity of your next taper, anyone strong enough to do what you did should be able to get through it. :)

Hi everyone! I tapered off of 6 mg of clonazepan last year, and my dr gave me 100mg of Seroquel to use for insomnia. I started seeing a different doctor today, and she wants me to taper off seroquel starting tomorrow. Go down to 75 mg for a week, 50mg one week, and 25 for a week, and then jump off. I am wanting to get off of the seroquel, but I am worried that it's gonna be as bad if not worse as coming off clonazepan. Does anybody have any experience coming off of it, and can you tell me what it's like please? Is it as bad coming off of clonazepan? Help please, I'm scared :(

That sounds like a fairly rapid taper and a pretty large dose to "jump" from. I would consider going slower and getting to a much smaller dose than 25 mg.

Ryuuka, thank you for your kind words! I hope it will be good this time :)

benzo, I see my mental health practitioner today and maybe she can help me go at a slower pace.