Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Contact lenses - sudden irritation while in WD?

[Mo...]

I used to wear my contact lenses just fine, but ever since WD began, the itch and etc. my contact lens (ANY contact lens) irritates my left eyes and it stays blood-shot, almost painful. Is this WD related? i never had that. I went to an optometrist and she told to stay away from contacts for a week and use some steroid + anti-bacterial drops. I did just that, but my left eye still gets easily irritated. It feels like part of the itch, the formication, being overly sensitive... Has anyone else gotten something like that during WD?

I used to wear my contact lenses just fine, but ever since WD began, the itch and etc. my contact lens (ANY contact lens) irritates my left eyes and it stays blood-shot, almost painful. Is this WD related? i never had that. I went to an optometrist and she told to stay away from contacts for a week and use some steroid + anti-bacterial drops. I did just that, but my left eye still gets easily irritated. It feels like part of the itch, the formication, being overly sensitive... Has anyone else gotten something like that during WD?

Maybe switch to glasses for a little while? A long while...

This happens to me on a regular basis.  It's like we are over-sensitive to the smallest irritants.  I've been wearing my glasses a lot.

My eyes also bother my when I'm extremely anxious. After some time the itchy, irritated feeling goes away.  It's very annoying! I'm so glad to hear that this is normal!!  ;D

I ordered glasses last week, but boy do I hate wearing them and looking all nerdy. I also hate peripheral vision limitation of glasses, but the anti-glare coating is great for when using PC.

I ordered glasses last week, but boy do I hate wearing them and looking all nerdy. I also hate peripheral vision limitation of glasses, but the anti-glare coating is great for when using PC.

Nerdy is cool now. Just put a flannel on and some skinny jeans .  :crazy:

This exact thing happened to me in month one!  I went to my eye doctor she told me my eyes weren't tolerating contacts anymore after years of wearing them  She told me to where my glasses which I have been doing for the last year.  And I still can't really wear contacts comfortably.  I will put them in for special occasions when I don't want to be wearing glasses.  Invest in a pair of prescription sunglasses it will help you out a lot that was my hardest part in switching over to wearing glasses full time.

I still hope to be able to go back to contacts.  But I can't wear them now unless I am in a window.

I always wore contacts as of 3 weeks ago and now it is only glasses.., they irritate to much.., I hate wearing glasses as we'll but since my eyes are more blurry now it is ok.