Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

2 Months and 19 days of no benzo & antidepressant

[Tr...]

Hi everyone,

Today I'm 2 months and 19 days of no benzo! I'm very happy to get this far since I'm almost 3 months of no benzo. It has not been easy for me the last 2 months and 19 days.  I was and am able to work full time 40 hrs per week. I just recently started taking two classes to complete my certifications. I can also be able to do things around the house such as cooking, cleaning, etc. I pretty much can do everything like someone who doesn't take benzo.  However, this doesn't mean I Feel good all the time.  Sometimes I cried myself when driving from work to home and sometimes I cried with my fiance.  But I noticed I cried alot when the strong panic attacks came...mostly the start of my withdrawals.  I still feel so tired at times, my main symptoms that bother and frustrated me the most are : the symptoms of DP, and the racing/intrusive thoughts and the strong panic attacks.  Beside these symptoms I'm or if they are not too intense then I Can handle them.

I know that I need to keep going but sometimes I get frustrated and hoping it Will e here soon, however I got to learn to be patience.  I just want to share with everyone my experience. If anyone can encourage with your stories, I would be greatly appreciate. I hope everyone a speed recovery and I will never take another benzo in my life!

Thank you for sharing...you have made amazingly rapid progress and I am happy for you. Anything and everything about this experience is documented here at BB so keep browsing the different sections.  It will reinforce and validate what you are living!

Great job! You are very strong to be able to continue working etc. Very encouraging to read I am only day 25. Stay strong! If you can get through the first few months you as well as you have you should do great with the rest of the journey of healing. Take care

:smitten:

way to go!! You and I are in very similar places in our benzo journey....a lot accomplished so far- but still lots of healing left to do...we just need to take it one day at a time and try to be patient as we wait to be fully healed...many times I get frustrated and lose my patience with the process and get so down and discouraged but I keep reminding myself of how far I have come and that I need to stay strong!! Hang in there!

Hey you...congrats on your accomplishment. And it is an a complishment!! My wish to you is don't beat yourself up...I was at my BP Dr today and I told him I was off the Bb for 3 months. He was actually very happy n shook my hand and told me I have done a great accomplishment!!! He told me it was a highly addictive drug and it does screw up the brain...and HE SAID, The brain will heal...

So we all will keep feeling some sort of discomfort, but, we are healing!!! Aka Parker!!!

Hello everyone!!!

Thank you all for the support, and I'm so happy that you guys are doing well.

Today, I am 2 months and 3 weeks without benzo...I'm so glad that I have gone this far...Before, a day without benzo was almost impossible for me...today I;m 83 days without it...

I feel much better as days go by.  This morning, I notice moments of almost "normal feelings" for two hours.

Here are my symptoms now : mild dp/dp but I can handle it, mild anxiety, tiredness, and head pressures.

Thanks so much guys! hang in there, we can all come through this with time :) :)