Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Very dark circles under eyes?

[Re...]

Maybe i didnt notice it before but i was looking into the mirror and noticed underneath it was extremely dark. Especially near the nose it almost looked like a black eye how dark it was? Really freaked me out. Is this okay?

No, not lack of sleep.  I am one of the few people here who have slept excessively during withdrawal.  I don't know why withdrawal has this effect but quite a few people have mentioned it.

Fiona  :smitten:

Yes, my eyes have got red and dark, I look in the mirror and think I have aged quite a bit in the last few months.

Hope it will go away and I will start to look healthy when I am finished with this crap?

Yes, my eyes have got red and dark, I look in the mirror and think I have aged quite a bit in the last few months.

Hope it will go away and I will start to look healthy when I am finished with this crap?

I feel the same..

Same... I feel I look so terrible most days, even on my Window days.. I can't be consistent with sleep, or Windows. It is what it is as this point.

Yes, this is one of the more "becoming" characteristics of w/d.. I had this as well.  I definitely still think this benzo w/d has aged me significantly.. and like you, I'm hoping I'll "go back" to how I was before I started my taper.. So far, my eyes don't look lifeless anymore, and the dark circles have improved a lot.. but, after having this experience, I feel like I have that "10,000 yard stare" that combat veterans got when they were "in the shit" too long..

Mine got better, too. Used to be big and purple, also red eyes despite of sleeping hours. Insomnia was never a problem for me but I was crying a lot, so... Anyway, when I'm in a window now I've noticed even my eyes are brighter and softer and calmer :) I used to look terrified due to constant anxiety attacks  :o it's so much better now.