Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Want to be off Klonopin; please help!

[Jo...]

I have been on .75mg Klonopin for 5 months.  I want to taper off.  Is there anyone who could help me do this myself?

Lucille

Thank you

I also take 60 mg ziprasidone and 50 mg trazodone.

Hello. If you go the cut and hold route, I suggest you get a .001 gram scale from Amazon, for weighing accurate doses. Typical reduction is 5-10% every 10-14 days. Start on low end and see how tolerable symptoms are before increasing percentage of next cut, from the last dose. The scale is easy to use and further instructions can be given once you get it. Hope this helps.

Bennie

Bennie, how did you get your sleep cycle back.

Thanks

When my dose got lower, number of hours of sleep sleep increased. When I got off K and in acute withdrawal I was wakened often with cortisol surges. That eventually went away. Now I sleep 6-8 hours, unless I have a bad night for reasons I rarely fret about. It happens, though annoying.

Please make a signature with doses and timeline, Ok?